Made a decision.. Need advice

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Last year I was doing A levels and it went well until mental health issues got in the way and I fell ill pretty late in the year (march). I spoke to my tutor and she told me to carry on if i pass the AS external exam (as it will look bad if i dropped that as it goes on ucas) and if I fail then leave. In my mind, i knew that I would keep struggling if I do it while being sick like that and I won't be able to cope. I was thinking about dropping the AS if I fail or leaving altogether if I pass (though there was a very small chance) as I know I will struggle with that subject and with A level as a whole as it was affecting performance in everything. In the end, I got an AS qualification and left altogether as I already know how A2 is going to go so I did not take my tutors advice. Right now I am sitting the year out as I know I am capable and hopefully I can continue or start again next year as I know I am capable. Now I am sort of regretting my decision. Bullying also had a part to play in my decision as I felt threatened while i was there. Do you think I was right to leave altogether or should I have pushed through?
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It would have been just one more year, and for that sole reason I PERSONALLY would have pushed through.

However, this may have left you with terrible A2 grades. So, if you can start A2 again, that would be the best choice you made in my opinion.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ZombieTheWolf)
It would have been just one more year, and for that sole reason I PERSONALLY would have pushed through.

However, this may have left you with terrible A2 grades. So, if you can start A2 again, that would be the best choice you made in my opinion.
Yeah, If I couldnt cope with A level then theres no way I could have coped with university level while I was sick, but I could have taken gap years or deferred my university application. I did not want to shut the door on A level forever which is why I did not switch to BTEC as it will affect performance in that too.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I'm at Uni and I didn't take the A level route to get here and I'm struggling, I did an Access course at college which didn't give me good enough grounding I feel so I always a bit behind . From what I see most A level students do well at Uni and that's suppose to do with revision techniques they've needed learned for A levels, sometimes they're even ahead of the lecturer in calculating answers in our lectures.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (515)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.39%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise