LSE MSc Behavioural Science (new course in 2019) Watch

Veuve88
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ddunn)
Hello!How long did it take for LSE to send your ID number after you submit your application? My application is complete (including references), but I haven't received an email with this yet......does it take longer than a week?Maybe I'm just a super eager beaver...
Hey! When did you submitted everything? They are processing application sent on 30 january. I sent everything on the 12th feb, not heard anything yet... I think its gonna take a while haha
ddunn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Veuve88)
Hey! When did you submitted everything? They are processing application sent on 30 january. I sent everything on the 12th feb, not heard anything yet... I think its gonna take a while haha
Ah! That's really helpful. Coincidently, I also sent everything on the 12 Feb. Looks like we're on the same time scale Are you applying for similar courses at other universities? I went on an application spree last week...
Veuve88
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ddunn)
Ah! That's really helpful. Coincidently, I also sent everything on the 12 Feb. Looks like we're on the same time scale Are you applying for similar courses at other universities? I went on an application spree last week...
Ohhhh, so we should expect news together haha! Check this: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Gr...ocessing-times

I have applied to behavioural science as my first choice, social and cultural psychology as my second choice and behaviour change at UCL... I’m considering Warwick, but not sure! What about you? Do you mind sharing your profile? Thanks! Crossing fingers for both of us
ddunn
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ohhhh, so we should expect news together haha! Check this: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Gr...ocessing-times

I have applied to behavioural science as my first choice, social and cultural psychology as my second choice and behaviour change at UCL... I’m considering Warwick, but not sure! What about you? Do you mind sharing your profile? Thanks! Crossing fingers for both of us
Nice!

In order of preference, I've applied @ LSE (Behavioural Science), UCL (Behaviour Change), Warwick (Behavioural & Data Science) and City, University of London (Behavioural Economics).

My profile below - and yours?

- Former University/Studies: Graduated from the University of New South Wales in 2013. Studied Media, Communications & Journalism
- Achieved Grade: Australian equivalent of 2:1
- Professional experience: Six years working in large public relations/advertising agencies. Five years as a radio presenter/producer. Six years of military service.
Veuve88
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ddunn)
Nice!

In order of preference, I've applied @ LSE (Behavioural Science), UCL (Behaviour Change), Warwick (Behavioural & Data Science) and City, University of London (Behavioural Economics).

My profile below - and yours?

- Former University/Studies: Graduated from the University of New South Wales in 2013. Studied Media, Communications & Journalism
- Achieved Grade: Australian equivalent of 2:1
- Professional experience: Six years working in large public relations/advertising agencies. Five years as a radio presenter/producer. Six years of military service.
Wow! How interesting!

I was thinking about behavioural and economic science at Warwick, but thought I'll just wait to see if I get any quick responses from LSE or UCL... too optimistic? haha!

My profile:
Studies: BSc Business Administration finished in 2012 (2:1). Postgrad Diploma in Innovation Management, 2014.
Professional experience: six years in innovation (consulting and working for the largest bank in Peru) using Design Thinking (human centred design).
mwynn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey all,

Just found this forum, super happy to find other people in the same spot I am!

Submitted my application to the Msc. Behavioural Science in early January but one of my referrals didn't get my letter in until the 31st. Just got my email with the Graduate Application Tracker info last week (so it seems that there's currently about a 2-3 week backlog from the date of your complete application). Hoping that we hear back from the PBS department soon, I can't imagine there are going to be a huge number of applicants since this is the first year of the program but maybe I'm being naively optimistic.

My profile:

- Former University/Studies: Graduated from Texas A&M University with a B.S. in Economics and substantial behavioral economics research under a leading figure in the field.
- Achieved Grade: ~3.5/4.0 GPA - I think that'd translate to a 2:1?
- Professional experience: 4+ years of professional sales and marketing experience across both Fortune 100 companies and startups.

I've also applied to the University College of Dublin's MSc. in Behavioural Economics (already accepted) and the University of Pennsylvania's Master of Behavioral and Decision Sciences program (still waiting to hear back). LSE is my top choice given the school's reputation and the quality of the students and faculty I'd be interacting with and the price is much lower than most US programs (Penn is $60k USD!).

Do you guys think that the programs at UCL and Warwick are still worth applying to with my profile this late in the process?
Veuve88
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! It sucks you had to wait so much for your last referee ... anyways, you already have your ID, thats great! You should check the position of your transcript... there is a rumor that when your transcript drops to the bottom line, then you should be receiving an offer (about a week later)... hahaha one more reason to be obsessively updating every 45 secs haha. You have a great profile... congrats!

LSE is also my very first choice... and I'm also really optimistic as it is new, HOPE we get a quick response... keep us posted please... you would probably get news way sooner than some of us

I'm not sure about UCL... as I think its quite as competitive as LSE, but maybe Warwick? You could still try both though but depends if you actually like them rather than your other choices, I'll still wait a bit more for warwick... not really into warwick though, so not 100% convinced on applying yet. UPenn is absurd... I was also looking for a positive psychology programme there, but no way.
Last edited by Veuve88; 2 weeks ago
Greatoliver
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey!

I'd definitely suggest applying to UCL if there are courses you are interested in there. I applied back at the beginning of November and still haven't heard anything!

I applied to I/O Psychology and Cognitive & Decision Sciences, but Behaviour Change also looks good (it is more global health focussed than other courses).
Veuve88
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Greatoliver)
Hey!

I'd definitely suggest applying to UCL if there are courses you are interested in there. I applied back at the beginning of November and still haven't heard anything!

I applied to I/O Psychology and Cognitive & Decision Sciences, but Behaviour Change also looks good (it is more global health focussed than other courses).
In november and anything yet? WOW!!!! Then, I would recommend the same... I thought I was late applying last month haha! Yes, I have applied to behaviour change due to its focus on health!
Veuve88
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
ddunn mwynn any news? I received my ID on friday... just hoping that transcript goes down SOON! Haha
mwynn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Veuve88 Still nothing :/ I'm not really too surprised, it probably does make more sense to wait for as many applications as possible before making admissions decisions for a new program like this since they don't really have a benchmark for what an "ideal" candidate might look like. I can't help but check the LSE Graduate Application Tracker like three times a day though haha.
ddunn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
ddunn mwynn any news? I received my ID on friday... just hoping that transcript goes down SOON! Haha
Same. Where is the section regarding transcript going down? All mine says is it's "currently under consideration by the department".
mwynn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In the main LSE application thread, someone posted this image of the "transcript drop":

Name:  Screenshot.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  12.2 KB

Basically, the very bottom of the Graduate Application Tracker that lists all the documents you've submitted will shift around so the transcript will be at the bottom and the email addresses of your referees (recommenders?) will disappear as well.
mwynn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
ddunn Veuve88Greatoliver, just checked my application again and my transcript has moved to the bottom! Emails of references didn't disappear though. Let me know if you guys see any movement on your end.
Veuve88
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Wowwww!!! Thats GREAT news!!!! Congrats mwynn... that definitely means an offer is on your way... so happy for you! Let us know when you get the official email though ! ddunn this also means we are getting closer hahaha! Keep in touch 🤞🏼
(Original post by mwynn)
ddunn Veuve88Greatoliver, just checked my application again and my transcript has moved to the bottom! Emails of references didn't disappear though. Let me know if you guys see any movement on your end.
Veuve88
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
mwynn when was it that you got your ID? (Really trying to stay chill and not panicking 😬 haha)
mwynn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
App was completed on 1/31 and got my email with my ID on 2/21. Stay patient, this was way quicker than I was expecting (assuming that the transcript drop is as significant as expected..).
mwynn
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Still no update or email following the transcript drop. Any movement for you guys?
Veuve88
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Unfortunately I was unsuccessful for this programme ! Now I'm waiting to see what happens to my second choice (Social and Cultural Psychology) but with little hope on it (I only wrote one personal statement and was really much focused on BS). Btw my transcript never dropped, so mwynn I wouldn't worry too much... I know you're in !
Greatoliver
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Sorry to hear that Veuve88! Hope you are successful with your second choice and we can still all meet at LSE!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads