The Student Room Group

MTG: Ravnica Allegiance releasing January 25th

Ravnica Allegiance, the 80th Magic: The Gathering expansion, launches in just over three weeks time! :yay: And if you're a MTG Arena player, the wait is shorter still - it'll be on there from the 17th! :zomg:

I've only recently gotten back into the game via Arena, but have been playing it non stop since mid October, so my excitement at having new Standard legal cards to form decks around is ridiculously high right now. :excited: I like that the boosters are a nice shade of Section Leader turquoise, too. :giggle:

Spoilers for upcoming cards revealed so far, regularly updated: https://scryfall.com/sets/rna?order=spoiled
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Ravnica Allegiance, the 80th Magic: The Gathering expansion, launches in just over three weeks time! :yay: And if you're a MTG Arena player, the wait is shorter still - it'll be on there from the 17th! :zomg:

I've only recently gotten back into the game via Arena, but have been playing it non stop since mid October, so my excitement at having new Standard legal cards to form decks around is ridiculously high right now. :excited: I like that the boosters are a nice shade of Section Leader turquoise, too. :giggle:

Spoilers for upcoming cards revealed so far, regularly updated: https://scryfall.com/sets/rna?order=spoiled

I dont suppose there is a yugioh gaming thread by any chance on tsr?
Original post by quasa
I dont suppose there is a yugioh gaming thread by any chance on tsr?

I can't say I've seen one in Gaming recently - feel free to make one, though!
I can't say I've seen one in Gaming recently - feel free to make one, though!

@tpx1 @Vikingninja - feel free to make one :lol:
Ravnica Allegiance is on MTG Arena! And here I am, stuck at work for another 4-5 hours. :bebored: I'm hoping to take part in a Sealed event later, and may post some screenshots and initial thoughts - all in spoiler tags, of course. :smile:
Ravnica Allegiance is on MTG Arena! And here I am, stuck at work for another 4-5 hours. :bebored: I'm hoping to take part in a Sealed event later, and may post some screenshots and initial thoughts - all in spoiler tags, of course. :smile:

I think there's only one screenshot worth sharing:

Spoiler

Went with a blue/green/red GruulSimic deck, taking advantage of the +1 counter mechanics that both make use of. I won five games out of seven before reaching three losses, not a terrible result by my usual standards. Best part was that I earned enough gems to have another go tomorrow. :yay:

Quick Reply