The Student Room Group

How is a career in dentistry like?

Hello everyone.
Can fellow dentists help please. I am willing to study dentistry at uni and do my UKCAT and WE soon. However, I was researching about dentist life and I found bits that left me wondering and I actually couldn't get the full view.
I know that the 5 years course is very long and brutal, let alone the entry if I ever get the chance. I have questions for other dentists:

1) How is work life balance like?
2) How much do you work to be able to sustain yourself and family?
3) I heard that it's almost impossible to find a job opportunity in London, whether it be NHS or private, to what extent is this true?
4) Money is not scaled to the effort that you put in clinic and you already put with your studies?
5) It's satisfying and rewarding to help and relieve people from pain, but how often do you actually feel that? what about repetition and stress?
6) If you have the chance to change, would you pick to do another career?

I want to do dentistry because I want to 1) a meaningful career which involve helping people. 2) I want a good work life balance (which I'm really doubting right now if it's real.) 3) I'm not looking to be rich , I want good income to sustain my family and help them. 4) I want to be my own boss in terms of employment.

Thanks
Reply 1
Can someone help me out please
Reply 2
Bump
Anyone active on this site that can help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending