where did you buy your prom dress? 👗 Watch

dancesingact
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I was wondering where you all bought your prom dresses.... Im struggling to find non tacky ones anywhere online and also do t want to be wearing the same dress as everyone else... any suggestions of more independent boutiques good shops to visit?(near London)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
BeccaSheridan02
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
BooHoo is amazing! I got my dress for £25 and it was beautiful! Floor length, with a swishy skirt and very unique.
dancesingact
Rep:
?
(Original post by BeccaSheridan02)
BooHoo is amazing! I got my dress for £25 and it was beautiful! Floor length, with a swishy skirt and very unique.
thanks I'll take a look
lavender_rose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dancesingact)
I was wondering where you all bought your prom dresses.... Im struggling to find non tacky ones anywhere online and also do t want to be wearing the same dress as everyone else... any suggestions of more independent boutiques good shops to visit?(near London)
In my imagination (I didn't go to prom) but I have seen this shop in passing and the dresses looked lovel https://soniquedresses.co.uk/ (it's in Birmingham not sure if there are any others nationally).
katf
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My prom dress came from a charity shop and it was gorgeous. 1930s vintage evening dress. If you want a unique dress, have a look around charity and vintage shops. Avoid sites like boohoo. If you know anything about clothes, you'll know that at anything other than a brief glance they look cheap. And they are usually made in sweatshops from poor quality materials.
I'mComingOxford
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lavender_rose)
In my imagination (I didn't go to prom) but I have seen this shop in passing and the dresses looked lovel https://soniquedresses.co.uk/ (it's in Birmingham not sure if there are any others nationally).
you from Birmingham?
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by I'mComingOxford)
you from Birmingham?
Yup, you alright bab! (sorry couldn't help it)
ToffeeJoy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I bought mine from ASOS online - cheap and actually had options short enough for me (I'm too short to buy the clothes in most shops...). Some of the dresses aren't great, but I ordered and tried a couple of nice ones and I really love the one I ended up with!
DedicatedWizard
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I bought mine only for prom (from Littlewoods) and then returned it :teehee:
I'mComingOxford
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lavender_rose)
Yup, you alright bab! (sorry couldn't help it)
oo. nice to see someone from Birmingham on this site
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Right back at you (wait i'm assuming your a Brummie too?)
dancesingact
Rep:
?
(Original post by katf)
My prom dress came from a charity shop and it was gorgeous. 1930s vintage evening dress. If you want a unique dress, have a look around charity and vintage shops. Avoid sites like boohoo. If you know anything about clothes, you'll know that at anything other than a brief glance they look cheap. And they are usually made in sweatshops from poor quality materials.

thanks places like boohoo etc were what I was trying to avoid but I wanted to take on board everyone's advice I think you're right though about looking for a nice one second hand so I'll do some investigating😂 otherwise I might look into renting one but the problem is you can't get them altered
dancesingact
Rep:
?
(Original post by ToffeeJoy)
I bought mine from ASOS online - cheap and actually had options short enough for me (I'm too short to buy the clothes in most shops...). Some of the dresses aren't great, but I ordered and tried a couple of nice ones and I really love the one I ended up with!

I ordered 4 from there the other day to get an idea of what colour I would want and style etc and the ones I got were awful (like really really cheap looking- and the price wasn't even that low)😂😂 but I know alot of people get theirs from ASOS and most look good online.
ToffeeJoy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dancesingact)
I ordered 4 from there the other day to get an idea of what colour I would want and style etc and the ones I got were awful (like really really cheap looking- and the price wasn't even that low)😂😂 but I know alot of people get theirs from ASOS and most look good online.
Ah, that sucks. I guess their stock must very quite a lot. Hope you.find something nice elsewhere!
Toastiekid
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I got mine from either house of Fraser or Debenhams (they look the same to me:facepalm:); they had a closing down sale just before my prom so it was v cheap:laugh:
harveylogan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Mia Belle Baby has an amazing clothing line. I purchased my prom dress from here with $30. Everyone at the party praised me for my dress. You can go with this store if you want to be unique and elegant.
Fall-Time-Panic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Debenhams they have a surprisingly good selection. Or go to an outlet store such as downtown wher there are just loads of prom dresses for really cheap. It’s a bit potluck there tho
breaththinkdream
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got mine from Quiz in the sale they had recently - good prices too!
itxarinix
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
debenhams
GetTheLondonLook
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Between Debenhams / tkmaxx evening prom dresses were nice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1116)
78.93%
Leave (298)
21.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed