pink090
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
we've had the whole of halft term to write and remember our speech.
i still havent chosen a subject.
everyone has and theyre going to get distinction im hoping for a pass.we present the speeches this coming monday. im just not really passionate about anything that i could entertain the class with for five minutes. im a story writer not a speech writer and i know im going to pass out when the time comes to present my piece. i was thinking of doing a true crime case but im not sure how i would condense one into five minutes.
please give me topic recommendations or ill run away and join the circus.
em.whitex
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wasn’t passionate about anything so my english teacher advised me to do it on one of the poems from the anthology, you could also do a fact based speech and do some research eg my friend did it on an interesting condition called sleep paralysis
Purplebottle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Most people in my class didn’t give a f*ck about what they were talking about. Choose something really easy to research on eg: nhs, legalisation of guns, pollution, world hunger, plastic pollution (basically political topics)
12aissid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did mines about the trolley problem. Philosophy. I mean you could do metaphysics. The whole is reality real mind**** matrix mess.
Talhawaseem02
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did mine in Alexander the Great with no Leda to him ever ... and I got a distinction so
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads