puravi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Exdoz)
Yh me too :/

Edit: Yh I just realised, some people may have got their application acknowledged by Imperial because they probably did the August BMAT sitting.
I got mine today! Did you get yours?
Advertisement
hopefulA100
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by puravi)
Have u done your bmat ? I haven’t received and I sent in a week ago
Exdoz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Have you already done the BMAT? Maybe that's why you got the acknowledgement
Advertisement
laraxsha
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
When did you send in your application??
UrbanIncentive
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Exdoz)
Yh me too :/

Edit: Yh I just realised, some people may have got their application acknowledged by Imperial because they probably did the August BMAT sitting.
Hi I'm doing the October BMAT - so it may just be random in the way they send the acknowledgement emails.
Advertisement
medicboy02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Good luck all! Today's the application day so hope all goes well cya there (hopefully)
medicboy02
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Exdoz)
For anyone who has submitted their application already and have seen UCAS Track, is their personal statement in one big chunk? Or does your personal statement have distinct lines in between to show paragraphs? My personal statement was clearly in different paragraphs and now that I check Track, it's all in one big chunk. Would that put me at a significant disadvantage when they are considering my application?
No, mine is in neat blocks I think your application is screwed up...

Just kidding :P, mine was like that too and I was worrying the same thing but from what I've seen that is just how UCAS formats all personal statements. We'll be fine
Advertisement
Exdoz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by medicboy02)
No, mine is in neat blocks I think your application is screwed up...

Just kidding :P, mine was like that too and I was worrying the same thing but from what I've seen that is just how UCAS formats all personal statements. We'll be fine
Hahaha, very funny. That was a cracking joke that, couldn't have laughed even more
Schoolboy101
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Guys for anyone whos done august bmat have imperial sent any conformation that they've recieved your results from metritest?
Advertisement
laraxsha
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Schoolboy101)
Guys for anyone whos done august bmat have imperial sent any conformation that they've recieved your results from metritest?
I haven't gotten anything either I'm still waiting
BigBoi18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Guys,
so according to the imperial website for medicine the minimum entry is AAA but typical offer is A*AA with A* in biology or chemistry.
I have A*AA but with A* in maths can i still get in
Many Thanks.
Advertisement
medicboy02
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Exdoz)
Hahaha, very funny. That was a cracking joke that, couldn't have laughed even more
Meduser
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by BigBoi18)
Hi Guys,
so according to the imperial website for medicine the minimum entry is AAA but typical offer is A*AA with A* in biology or chemistry.
I have A*AA but with A* in maths can i still get in
Many Thanks.
All you need is predicted AAA but then if you get an offer and it’s for A*AA with A* in bio or chem you will need to get those grades. If you’re saying you have achieved grades then I’m not too sure, sorry. But I think the A* would need to be in bio/chem
Advertisement
UrbanIncentive
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Quick question - would having a*a*a or a*a*a* predictions be better/have a better chance or is it just the case where if you meet the minimum entry requirements of aaa - it doesn't matter?
Meduser
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by UrbanIncentive)
Quick question - would having a*a*a or a*a*a* predictions be better/have a better chance or is it just the case where if you meet the minimum entry requirements of aaa - it doesn't matter?
As long as you have AAA that’s all that matters. They said they don’t care about predicted grades beyond that- it’s BMAT they care about the most
UrbanIncentive
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Meduser)
As long as you have AAA that’s all that matters. They said they don’t care about predicted grades beyond that- it’s BMAT they care about the most
Thanks - I was just worried maybe if you only just met the requirements, you would have immediate disadvantage compared to someone with a*a*a/a*a*a*

Also with the BMAT - is it that if you meet the cut off point for all sections, you'll be invited to an interview or are you progressed to next stage?

Thanks for the help.
Meduser
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks - I was just worried maybe if you only just met the requirements, you would have immediate disadvantage compared to someone with a*a*a/a*a*a*

Also with the BMAT - is it that if you meet the cut off point for all sections, you'll be invited to an interview or are you progressed to next stage?

Thanks for the help.
No, don’t worry you won’t be disadvantaged

So basically you have to meet a cut off for each section but then also a cut off for section 1 and 2 combined. For example last year you had to have 3.5 in s1 and s2 and 2.5C in s3 as the minimum but then to get an interview for home/EU students your s1+s2 had to equal 8.6 or up. It’s just so that 8.6 can’t be made up of a 2 in one section and a 6.6 in another haha. Hope this makes sense!
Advertisement
UrbanIncentive
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
No, don’t worry you won’t be disadvantaged

So basically you have to meet a cut off for each section but then also a cut off for section 1 and 2 combined. For example last year you had to have 3.5 in s1 and s2 and 2.5C in s3 as the minimum but then to get an interview for home/EU students your s1+s2 had to equal 8.6 or up. It’s just so that 8.6 can’t be made up of a 2 in one section and a 6.6 in another haha. Hope this makes sense!
Oh that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation! I'm stressing over this BMAT - I just want to meet this cut off and hopefully get an interview, so fingers crossed!

Good luck with your application! You'll smash it
Meduser
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oh that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation! I'm stressing over this BMAT - I just want to meet this cut off and hopefully get an interview, so fingers crossed!

Good luck with your application! You'll smash it
Ahh same the BMAT is such a stress :/

Thank you so much, you too!!
UrbanIncentive
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Ahh same the BMAT is such a stress :/

Thank you so much, you too!!
Haha. I know I can’t wait for it to be over and done with so I can finally have a break from this UCAS application. I feel like it never ends 😂😂.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads