The Student Room Group

Should I text her?

Hey guys, so I had (and still have) a crush on this girl. We flirted well with eachother, and I certainly felt a certain chemistry and she was willing to go out with me (just me and her) and we joked about being in a relationship a few times. I told her that I liked her on Christmas eve (yeah, sorry) and unfortunately, she said she liked me as a friend. I was devastated at the time, and it was a little bit awkward. I tried to message her but she acted a little bit uninterested. I asked my friends (boys and girls) for advice, and they said not to message/speak with her for a bit (their logic was that eventually she would message me if she missed me).

I miss her a lot, and she is a really nice girl. I think I was the first guy who complimented her on her looks AND personality and she really seemed to admire that. We haven't spoken in about a week (is that an acceptable waiting period or should I wait longer).

It seems as if she misses me, but she's too scared to message me. She often updates her snapchat story with stuff that I would normally swipe up and talk to her about, she likes my posts on facebook that are related to relationships, and at one point she "accidentally" tried to voice call me on Snapchat. My friend told me that if I got a notification of a voice call, then it means she let it ring for a while (I don't know if that is true, if someone could verify that, it would be great).

I want to message her because I do miss her, but at the same time, I don't want to push her away. Although I would love for her to be my girlfriend, I can understand if she doesn't want to and I would be content as being her friend.

Thank you.
We are both 17 years old, in Year 12.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys, so I had (and still have) a crush on this girl. We flirted well with eachother, and I certainly felt a certain chemistry and she was willing to go out with me (just me and her) and we joked about being in a relationship a few times. I told her that I liked her on Christmas eve (yeah, sorry) and unfortunately, she said she liked me as a friend. I was devastated at the time, and it was a little bit awkward. I tried to message her but she acted a little bit uninterested. I asked my friends (boys and girls) for advice, and they said not to message/speak with her for a bit (their logic was that eventually she would message me if she missed me).

I miss her a lot, and she is a really nice girl. I think I was the first guy who complimented her on her looks AND personality and she really seemed to admire that. We haven't spoken in about a week (is that an acceptable waiting period or should I wait longer).

It seems as if she misses me, but she's too scared to message me. She often updates her snapchat story with stuff that I would normally swipe up and talk to her about, she likes my posts on facebook that are related to relationships, and at one point she "accidentally" tried to voice call me on Snapchat. My friend told me that if I got a notification of a voice call, then it means she let it ring for a while (I don't know if that is true, if someone could verify that, it would be great).

I want to message her because I do miss her, but at the same time, I don't want to push her away. Although I would love for her to be my girlfriend, I can understand if she doesn't want to and I would be content as being her friend.

Thank you.
We are both 17 years old, in Year 12.

aww this is so sweet. I think you should definitely pop up to her and say that you like her but respect her wishes if she wants to be just friends. you have balls tho telling her upfront though. if it seems like she misses you dont wait any longer, but when you text her dont seem too eager it will come across to strong and she may get scared and run off again.
Hey yeah true true cute as and you should go for it she’d be lucky to have u ☺️
So SWEEET I suggest u do omg
Reply 4
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
aww this is so sweet. I think you should definitely pop up to her and say that you like her but respect her wishes if she wants to be just friends. you have balls tho telling her upfront though. if it seems like she misses you dont wait any longer, but when you text her dont seem too eager it will come across to strong and she may get scared and run off again.

I mean as soon as she said she didn't like me "like that" I said that I understood and that I'd be happy as her friend. It was awkward after that though, and I haven't talked to her in a week. I have a gut feeling (although it could just be what I want) that she misses me and wants me to message her but she's to afraid to message me first.

You said don't seem too eager but I don't know what to say without it seeming awkward. We really start flirting quite hard towards the end and I feel like if I say something not-so-flirty/eager it will be apparent how awkward things are. I've told her in the past how much she suits black or red clothes and her two recent photos on instagram was her in a nice black outfit, then in a nice red outfit (though this could just be a coincidence - she was out for New Years and then something else).

I don't know what I could say that doesn't seem so eager. Everytime she posts I just want to tell her how gorgeous she is, or how beautiful her eyes or how cute her smile is.

UGH!
I mean as soon as she said she didn't like me "like that" I said that I understood and that I'd be happy as her friend. It was awkward after that though, and I haven't talked to her in a week. I have a gut feeling (although it could just be what I want) that she misses me and wants me to message her but she's to afraid to message me first.

You said don't seem too eager but I don't know what to say without it seeming awkward. We really start flirting quite hard towards the end and I feel like if I say something not-so-flirty/eager it will be apparent how awkward things are. I've told her in the past how much she suits black or red clothes and her two recent photos on instagram was her in a nice black outfit, then in a nice red outfit (though this could just be a coincidence - she was out for New Years and then something else).

I don't know what I could say that doesn't seem so eager. Everytime she posts I just want to tell her how gorgeous she is, or how beautiful her eyes or how cute her smile is.

UGH!

when you say flirting, how hardcore was it? i think just proper talk to her over text. maybe just text her "hey" leave it for a day and see what she says. then meet up with her and try and talk it out. oml good luck btw i dont know what I would do in that position.
Reply 6
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
when you say flirting, how hardcore was it? i think just proper talk to her over text. maybe just text her "hey" leave it for a day and see what she says. then meet up with her and try and talk it out. oml good luck btw i dont know what I would do in that position.

Just calling eachother bae, honey, darling, babe etc and i would tell her how good looking she was and we'd joke about being in a relationship etc.
Just calling eachother bae, honey, darling, babe etc and i would tell her how good looking she was and we'd joke about being in a relationship etc.

maybe text her something like, well this is awkward now lmao. and see her response and then maybe be like it doesn't have to be awkward, if you wanna just be friends i accept that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending