The Student Room Group

My school isn’t organised and I’m not learning as I should

It’s gotten to the point where I’m in school for attendance only.
Since the beginning of the year, my maths class was a complete joke with people who barely understood algebra and a teacher who literally sat at her desk 90% of the time checking her emails and pressing next on the presentation.
We did eventually get a new teacher, but she wasn’t barely any better but I guess it was a bit of a progress. However, I did still feel we weren’t taught as well as we could since the teacher spent most of the time talking about irrelevant stuff and having a go at students. After a few weeks with this teacher we got another teacher, but this time our class got split and mixed with other classes, adding more immature people to my class causing our learning to stopped for the teachers to have a go at them.
It’s an issue that we have to keep on getting new teachers at this time since our gcses are very close. It’s literally only a few months left till study leave and then it’s all on us.

Our science department is ridiculous. We didn’t have a teacher until November! During that time we just spent the time reading a few chapters about Biology which was a complete waste of precious time.
There were teachers that were available to teach us, but they were busy with their year 7 and 8 students, which I think is very arrogant since they have 5-4 years left till their gcses and I have less than 1 year!
Eventually we got a teacher, but unfortunately he had a very strong accent that made it really really hard for anyone to understands! And since he didn’t use powerpoints, we were pretty much screwed.
After thousands of complaints, our vice principal took action and gave us a different teacher.
BUT even this teacher was not good enough since my class were very weak in chemistry and our teacher wasn’t really good in that topic, but could only teach biology and physics.

There’s literally nothing I can do right now. It’s almost time for study leave and I’m nowhere near prepared for those subjects and I feel our school has really failed us.
Hi

Sorry to hear about this, it certainly does not sound like an ideal situation. There’s not a lot you can do, especially at this late stage. It sounds like the school has some issues that need addressing.

The best advice I can give is to get your parents involved (if they haven’t already) to complain about this via the governing body or to follow your schools complaint policy which should be available on your school website.

My advice to you as a student is to not panic as you have time. Get the revision guides if you haven’t already and get self studying on your weak points. Plenty of past papers from your exam board websites. Speak to your teachers individually for tips, as although they may be ‘rubbish’ in front of the whole class they will be professionals and may give you some essential tips personally. Also, use your teachers get them to mark your exam questions and they should be able to give you some development points.

If you are stuck on any specific topics then you can always seek help on the subject specific forums on TSR.

Keep going! Good luck in your exams. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest