New ear piercing Watch

Cynthia1u
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have changed my starter earrings after 4 weeks of waiting. The new earrings are sterilized silver but for some reason, every time I take out the new earrings from my ear to clean, the piercing hole is bleeding. Now I just leave the earrings alone to heal. How long do you think I should wait for my ears to be completely healed?
zooxanthellae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Mine took about 6 weeks but it varies from person to person.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Shanzy girl
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Cynthia1u)
I have changed my starter earrings after 4 weeks of waiting. The new earrings are sterilized silver but for some reason, every time I take out the new earrings from my ear to clean, the piercing hole is bleeding. Now I just leave the earrings alone to heal. How long do you think I should wait for my ears to be completely healed?
You should for 6 weeks after it has been done that's how long I left mine in you shouldn't really touch it after 4 weeks x
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You took the jewellery out two weeks too early and the piercing isn't healed yet - that's why it's bleeding. Sterilise and put the original jewellery you were pierced with back in and leave for another 4-6 weeks.
Dulce_et _utile
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
My piercer recommends a minimum of two months; I wait 3/4 months for a cartilage piercing
Cynthia1u
Rep:
?
I took them out 4 weeks later since the earrings started rusting.
Dulce_et _utile
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Always make sure the piercer uses titanium or surgical steel earrings. Did they tell you how to heal the piercing?
ParadoxSocks
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Make sure that you're using high quality metals in fresh piercings. You should usually be waiting around 2 months before swapping your piercings out, sometimes you can get away with it, but most of the time you're going to be undoing all of the healing your body has already completed. Put the highest quality earrings in that you can find (titanium or surgical steel would be brilliant) and just leave it alone for another two months until it's managed to form the healed tube through your ear.
dancesingact
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
you shouldn't take them out get. To clean them you move the earring back and forth and twist it after putting on either the lotion they gave you, salty water or TCP. My earrings took over a year to heal and it was even longer until I could take them out and put them back in without pain.
Cynthia1u
Rep:
?
They gave me ear care solution and they didn't exactly tell me that I should wait 6 weeks. They just told me to go back after a month but the earrings I have are sterilized silver. I just put back my starter earrings again and instead of using the ear care solution, I use hydrogen peroxide instead.
Dulce_et _utile
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Just wash with antibacterial soap and water. I also use a saline solution before and after washing it. Wait at least two months before you change the earrings again
Cynthia1u
Rep:
?
I don't get why I should wait two months though if the usual healing time is just 6 weeks.
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I don't get why I should wait two months though if the usual healing time is just 6 weeks.
Because you haven’t left them alone to heal properly so they need the extra time
Cynthia1u
Rep:
?
But what happens if I don't have saline water?
Cynthia1u
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pugglet)
Because you haven’t left them alone to heal properly so they need the extra time
What happens if I don't have saline water? So do I keep cleaning my ears for 2 months straight?
Dulce_et _utile
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you haven't got saline solution you don't have to use it, but I guess you could buy it somewhere like Boots? Just make sure you clean it twice a day with antibacterial soap and water. I can't stress enough how important it is to wait and be patient: 2 months
Cynthia1u
Rep:
?
So I have to wait for 2 months and during those two months I need to clean it for 2 months straight?
Pugglet
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What happens if I don't have saline water? So do I keep cleaning my ears for 2 months straight?
Salt water is good for cleaning and yes everyday until they are healed
Dulce_et _utile
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
That's what my piercer recommends, that's what I do, and that's why I never have problems with my piercings
Cynthia1u
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dulce_et _utile)
That's what my piercer recommends, that's what I do, and that's why I never have problems with my piercings
So if I use saline solution, can I or can't twist the earring?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (274)
31.53%
The paper was reasonable (423)
48.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
12.08%
It was TERRIBLE (67)
7.71%

Watched Threads