Broken Tampon

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Aquamarine.
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Is it possible for the end of a tampon to break off when it is being removed? I have a feeling this may have just happened because the tampon had what looked like a ripped end. I've had a poke around lol but can't really feel anything, but if there is the end of a tampon in there it will be tiny. Any advice is really appreciated.
louisedotcom
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 14 years ago
Thats happened to me a good few times, so im pretty sure it means nothing has come off, just how some of them come out. Tend to find it happens when im using one with an absorbancy thats too high for what I need though, so maybe thats the problem?
Aquamarine.
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Well it was actually dry when it came out, so yeh the absorbancy was too high and I hadn't left it in long. I'm feeling really paranoid now but I don't suppose there is anything I can do.
Anonymous #1
Report 14 years ago
Sorry to sound disgusting, but if it was dry then it was probably a bit stuck inside, and therefore frayed a bit when you pulled it out. Nothing is still in there- it just looks ripped, but its just the tampon fibres coming a bit loose. It's happened to me a few times.
louisedotcom
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
That'll be it then, just a bit of pulling where its too dry. Nothing should have broken off. Tampons are designed to be very strong and durable for such occassions. Id not worry
bitterendx
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
&yeah Aqua, like everyone has been saying - it'll just be the dry part suck to you.
change tampons. :p:

or did you use it on the first/last day of your period, cause your not supposed to do that i've heard. people usually arn't, um, wet enough up there. :cool:
artorscience?
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 14 years ago
Even if there is a little bit stuck, it'll come out with your next period. Don't worry about it, the fibres aren't going to do anything nasty to you.
Court747
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I have the same problem. I'm only 3 days into my period and the usually lasts up to 6 days. I had a tampon in for a little over 8 hours while I was asleep and it wasn't dry but part of it ripped off inside me and I can't find it.
BLobfish101
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The sameee happened to meeee! What do i dooooooi
Abigator
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BLobfish101)
The sameee happened to meeee! What do i dooooooi
What did you end up doing? Having that problem now
Abigator
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Court747)
I have the same problem. I'm only 3 days into my period and the usually lasts up to 6 days. I had a tampon in for a little over 8 hours while I was asleep and it wasn't dry but part of it ripped off inside me and I can't find it.
Did you ever find it? Anything happen as a result of part of it ripping off? I'm having the same issue right now
X
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads