Arizonans Attack Self-Driving Cars Watch

ThomH97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Again, that's up to the government not the pedestrian.

The point is it's already happening.
The government serves the pedestrians, their views should be considered. Not ignored because some multinational wants lots of non-consenting guinea pigs.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious?
Doones
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ThomH97)
But it's not going to stop for some tumbleweed is it?
It would certainly try to, or avoid it. :yep:
yankeedog1953
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Let' s not forget that the autopilot can be engaged AND disengaged. I have a feeling that future drivers involved in accidents are going to be questioned on the decision they made to either engage. or disengage the autopilot function
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ThomH97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by yankeedog1953)
Let' s not forget that the autopilot can be engaged AND disengaged. I have a feeling that future drivers involved in accidents are going to be questioned on the decision they made to either engage. or disengage the autopilot function
That seems a very convenient get out clause for the multinational giants. If a human crashes it's human error and we'd all be safer if we had automated cars, and if a robot crashes it's the human's fault for not taking control.

Either the automated cars are road safe or they aren't, and they should be proven road safe before being tested on the unwilling public.
yankeedog1953
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Something for the libertarians among us to think about; Are you ready for the Gov. to so easily track your movement. At least now they have to make some kind of effort to follow your travels. With automated roadways and cars all the hardware is in place to follow anyone they want at anytime at no added expense.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (130)
18.06%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.22%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.44%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.72%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.42%

Watched Threads