BenK64
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Name:  E7D6B5EC-F977-4CD2-81A0-0FA02A109346.jpg.jpeg
Views: 6
Size:  51.7 KB

Saw this ad on a bus stop in town. What nonsense. ‘Diversity’ exposing itself as mere consumerism. Ancient and profound cultures are reduced to products casually tossed into the same shopping trolley. The real message here is culture doesn’t matter, only the global economy.

And yes. We are an island.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
zooxanthellae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Haven’t seen it but it would have made me angry if I had. I agree - whilst the good intent was there, there would have been many far better ways to express a diversity of culture without reducing the cultures to their stereotypical symbols
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by zooxanthellae)
Haven’t seen it but it would have made me angry if I had. I agree - whilst the good intent was there, there would have been many far better ways to express a diversity of culture without reducing the cultures to their stereotypical symbols
and why say belgian striker? ***** leaving out alllll the other strikers in alll the other football clubs...?

sigh just another tired attempt of inclusiveness to propagandise remaining in the eu whilst still being ironically exclusive. liberals.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
But, we are an island.
VMD100
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It should come as no surprise that companies will pander to the snowflake mentality for profit, I don't blame them. If people are foolish enough to be swayed to bank at HSBC following an advert with no financial incentive for using their service they deserve all they get.
Zasty
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Stop getting offended at everything lol
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's just an advert, lol. I guess it's got a nice sentiment. I've never seen that advert.
LongMarch
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
It's just an advert, lol. I guess it's got a nice sentiment. I've never seen that advert.
The sentiment is not 'nice'. As OP said, its an attempt by a multinational monopoly bank to ride the political flavour of the month; diversity and cultural relativism in order to generate profit from interest on consumer loans. This is peak capitalism and it is psychological heroin.
Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has no one else seen it on TV??
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bill Nye)
Has no one else seen it on TV??
I haven't
Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
LongMarch
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bill Nye)
This is probably the most bourgeois video i've ever seen.
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LongMarch)
The sentiment is not 'nice'. As OP said, its an attempt by a multinational monopoly bank to ride the political flavour of the month; diversity and cultural relativism in order to generate profit from interest on consumer loans. This is peak capitalism and it is psychological heroin.
A company is using an advert to generate profit?

I still like the sentiment of the ad.
LongMarch
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
A company is using an advert to generate profit?

I still like the sentiment of the ad.
How is there sentimentality in the generation of profit? The advert is neoliberal propaganda. Please don't be fooled into thinking HSBC care about any 'humanitarian' efforts which they espouse to support.
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Pushing multiculturalism annoys me. The bad grammar enrages me. Who wrote that drivel?
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LongMarch)
How is there sentimentality in the generation of profit? The advert is neoliberal propaganda. Please don't be fooled into thinking HSBC care about any 'humanitarian' efforts which they espouse to support.
I don't think HSBC actually care about all that stuff. The advert is nice, especially the video one.
Physikoi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by BenK64)
Name:  E7D6B5EC-F977-4CD2-81A0-0FA02A109346.jpg.jpeg
Views: 6
Size:  51.7 KB

Saw this ad on a bus stop in town. What nonsense. ‘Diversity’ exposing itself as mere consumerism. Ancient and profound cultures are reduced to products casually tossed into the same shopping trolley. The real message here is culture doesn’t matter, only the global economy.

And yes. We are an island.
Lol imagine supporting a belgian striker, last I checked Hazard or KDB weren't strikers.
Zasty
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh god oh no a company used an advert that uses social commentary oh god o fucc the world is ending
LongMarch
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zasty)
Oh god oh no a company used an advert that uses social commentary oh god o fucc the world is ending
Why not criticise globohomo whenever possible? This liberal capitalist elite is maintaining the shopping/fornication status quo through psychological advertising, and somehow ordinary people on a forum criticising this is somehow overblown or sensational?
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Course it’s a ****ing bank spouting this stuff, along with all the LGBT, mass immigratiion, anti white propaganda: shows how revolutionary the so called ‘left’ is now when they’re parroting the likes of HSBC and Goldman Sachs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1530)
79.27%
Leave (400)
20.73%

Watched Threads