The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Job oppurtunities for Physician associates.

Hi everyone,
I’m in the process of applying to physician associate course for 2019 entry and was wondering if anyone has an idea about the job market demand for PAs?
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Abigh
Hi everyone,
I’m in the process of applying to physician associate course for 2019 entry and was wondering if anyone has an idea about the job market demand for PAs?

Hi,

I'm starting the PA course at Swansea in a few days. I believe that once the course is complete and the examination passed, internships are the next step for about a year before full employment. According to careers Wales, the NHS in Wales and some NHS trusts' websites, PA work opportunities are increasing. Sorry I can only speak from what I know of Wales, where I live. The first Wales-trained PAs qualified in September 2018 and Hywel Dda NHS trust has said on its website that they have just employed their first PAs and eager to expand on employing the role. Sorry that I can't shed light on more than that. To give some further insight, Swansea receives hundreds of applicants and also interviewed 180 people for 2019 entry, with 30 places available. Many nurses and health professionals are known to apply which means it must be pretty promising as an emerging role from an inside perspective too.
I read that too. I hope those who work as PA’s in Wales would find this thread and respond. Would love to hear from them. I am not aware of any PA jobs in Swansea bay health board ( which is concerning)!

Quick Reply

Latest