The Student Room Group

Loyalty?!?

How can you tell with someone of mine and my boyfriends age 19 and 20 going on our generation where I hardly see anyone actually stay together and be loyal to each other. How can you tell if someone is loyal to you from now until forever, even if their other half is not in their presence ?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
How can you tell with someone of mine and my boyfriends age 19 and 20 going on our generation where I hardly see anyone actually stay together and be loyal to each other. How can you tell if someone is loyal to you from now until forever, even if their other half is not in their presence ?

Lol, what?
You just ask them questions and use logic. Have they cheated before? Then they're more likely to cheat in the future. You gotta look out for red flags and also you have to be on top of the relationship, if you gain weight and become unattractive then don't expect them to stick around.
Do you know what.. you can't ever "tell".

The majority of people who are cheated on never saw it coming. Many of them had a partner with no history of cheating, who appeared to be in love and loyal.

I think that everyone has the capability to cheat if put in the right (or wrong, depending how you look at it) situation.

But the thing is, you can't live your life like that. You have to trust, otherwise things are just too hard. I always trust until I'm given a reason not to. Within reason, I give second chances, but never third.

The fact is that the majority of relationships at the age of 19/20 are going to end at some point. You're worried about being cheated on, but there's every chance that it might be you that gets bored and decides to end things.

Nobody knows what's going to happen, particularly when you're so young and finding your path in life. It's easy for couples who were previously madly in love to drift because their paths were just slightly different.

So basically, don't worry about it. Trust your partner unless there's a reason not to. Question any doubts, but don't become obsessive with suspicion. That destroys relationships.

Just enjoy yourself, enjoy getting to know each other and growing together, and see where it goes. No relationship comes with a guarantee, but you have to be positive about its potential :smile:.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending