what does a literature review for a dissertation consist of?

Watch
bumble__bee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm struggling to structure my lit review as my topic is something that should be experimental, but I cant run any experiments

therefore my dissertation is going to be looking at other peoples studies of my question and their results and discussing those in ways they havent discussed them in or in more depth in some areas and comparing them to other studies.

therefore im not really going to have a methodology section as i am not performing any experiments or questionnaires or anything myself, just looking through other peoples results, so this section will be minimal, and in my 'results' section it will be more case studies from the things ive read. due to this case study section, i am unsure what is meant to go in the initial literature review to avoid a lot of overlap between this and the case study section in which i will discuss the results of these studies

can anyone help?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What subject?

Chcek out my article on writing a lab report, it might help (this is for psychology but may be applicable for other subjects) : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...for-psychology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (111)
13.82%
I'm not sure (36)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.14%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.49%
I'm not a current university student (394)
49.07%

Watched Threads