The Student Room Group

Likelihood of getting a place on MA Social Work course?

Hi, I recently graduated with pass degree in English (was predicted a 2.1 but sadly three bereavements during my final year meant that I could not perform at my best) and was wondering my options and likelihood on being accepted to complete a MA in Social Work?

I currently work for the local authority in the social work department and have been doing so for about a year. Prior to this, I also have 4 years experience of a job which included LAC, CAMHS and children aged 11-18.

What I lack in qualification, I believe I make up in experience but everywhere I have looked seems to want a 2.1 degree and up. What are my options? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by DJM28593
Hi, I recently graduated with pass degree in English (was predicted a 2.1 but sadly three bereavements during my final year meant that I could not perform at my best) and was wondering my options and likelihood on being accepted to complete a MA in Social Work?

I currently work for the local authority in the social work department and have been doing so for about a year. Prior to this, I also have 4 years experience of a job which included LAC, CAMHS and children aged 11-18.

What I lack in qualification, I believe I make up in experience but everywhere I have looked seems to want a 2.1 degree and up. What are my options? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2.2 History Ba from graduating in 2011. I had lots of difference work experiences from working lots of different jobs with children and vulnerable women. In the summer i decided to change my career and apply for the social work MA . I began volunteering 1day a week in a local hub for vulnerable men and i also mentor a young girl once a week.Ive been doing this since Sept and have now had all my UCAS options back.
I achieved interviews at Plymouth, Worcester and BCU. Ive been offered a spot at Worcester and am attending the BCU interview Monday. It appears experience is just as good as grades so i would definitely apply!
--

Quick Reply

Latest