LSE ugaa 2019 Watch

PanosTSI
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
It's that time of year that LSE might start inviting people to sit the UGAA. I'm applying for BSc Economics and hoping to get an invitation Has anyone already been invited?
Last edited by PanosTSI; 2 months ago
Presence
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
hi i'm in year 12 and want to do econ at lse , i just realised there was a test. is this test before applying to lse or after ? thx
PanosTSI
Rep:
?
(Original post by Presence)
hi i'm in year 12 and want to do econ at lse , i just realised there was a test. is this test before applying to lse or after ? thx
This is a test for applicants who study these qualifications. It's usually held arround early March. As LSE states in their website:
"Only the most competitive students with these qualifications are invited to sit the assessment. Applicants cannot request to sit the assessment. Invitations will be sent from January." You can read more here!
Presence
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by PanosTSI)
This is a test for applicants who study these qualifications. It's usually held arround early March. As LSE states in their website:
"Only the most competitive students with these qualifications are invited to sit the assessment. Applicants cannot request to sit the assessment. Invitations will be sent from January." You can read more here!
ooohhh , so i study A levels so i dont need to...phew
PanosTSI
Rep:
?
Just checked the admissions calendar, it says that ugaa invitations are due to start at early February. It will be a somewhat long wait!
worryingtoomuch
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve heard that a lot of people have been rejected yesterday. I’m hoping that they have rejected everyone they do not intend to invite to sit the UGAA, bc the invitations could start arriving today. Good luck everyone!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PanosTSI
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by worryingtoomuch)
I’ve heard that a lot of people have been rejected yesterday. I’m hoping that they have rejected everyone they do not intend to invite to sit the UGAA, bc the invitations could start arriving today. Good luck everyone!
This is really encouraging (for those left) but perhaps there will be more rejections today
worryingtoomuch
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PanosTSI)
This is really encouraging (for those left) but perhaps there will be more rejections today
Well afaik two years ago the invites were sent out on the 3rd so there really isnt much time left. Fingers crossed
PanosTSI
Rep:
?
Just got my invitation to the UGAA!
Last edited by PanosTSI; 1 month ago
worryingtoomuch
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I still haven't received anything... I'm starting to get worried, I'm not sure if they are sending out the invites in waves. Is there anyone who hasn't heard back either?
OphirE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by worryingtoomuch)
I still haven't received anything... I'm starting to get worried, I'm not sure if they are sending out the invites in waves. Is there anyone who hasn't heard back either?

I haven't either and I don't think most people have
Last edited by OphirE; 1 month ago
Kev74
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I have. Just got an invitation today
parwanahaydar96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got an invitation yesterday! A bit nervous about the math section! How are you thinking to prepare for the exam? Other than solving past years' examination questions? Also does anyone know/have the solutions to past years' UGAA exams?
PanosTSI
Rep:
?
(Original post by parwanahaydar96)
I got an invitation yesterday! A bit nervous about the math section! How are you thinking to prepare for the exam? Other than solving past years' examination questions? Also does anyone know/have the solutions to past years' UGAA exams?
I don't think the solutions are anywhere online. Well, the maths syllabus has confused me a bit but I will follow the A-Level Maths online resources to learn some things I haven't met yet (e.g vectors or sequences/series). I believe the past papers are a good way to see what they're usually asking but the questions are a bit different from year to year.
thomasmarchioni
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there, I am also taking the UGAA on March 5. I am very worried about the maths part because there are a lot of topics that I have not studied at school, like integrals and derivatives. I am trying to study them by myself but I have a lot of things going on right now and the clock is ticking ...Where do you think I could get the best practice ?
Jyyyi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I got a friend who was invited to UGAA but he is doing a level, and he applied to management. Is there a change of rule or something why does a level students need to do this exam?
vse99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
are there results from previous tests anywhere online? or does anyone know what sort of answers and lengths they're looking for in the essay section? 2B?
worryingtoomuch
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
anyone receive an invite today? I'm still waiting and it's getting frustrating, though a lot of my friends still haven't heard back
ShootingStar.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Anyone here sitting the UGAA exam having applied for actuarial science?
Jackdobuu
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you think the topics for b2 will be about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (30)
13.1%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
9.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.83%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (32)
13.97%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (27)
11.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (69)
30.13%

Watched Threads