hollybopkins
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I always feel that because I don’t go to college and work in a very small village I never get a chance to broaden my friendships with new people. I always feel like I’m left out on the social side.

If anyone has ever had any experience like this and can help me feel a bit better about it all and that I made the right choice, that’d be great!

If you’d like to know a little more about me:

Hi, my name is Holly, I’m 17 and live in the South West of England!
I need more positive people in my life, I suffer with anxiety and find it hard to communicate with others sometimes so thought this might be a new way of beating that fear!
A bit about me:
I’m a student currently studying for a Level 2 Diploma in early years and childcare whilst taking dance (as a hobby) so that I can kickstart a career in teaching (either primary or solely teaching dance).
Dance is something I’ve been taking part in for over 10 years and I enjoy it, live it and breathe it!!

If you’d like to PM i’d be hugely appreciative and will be sure to message you!

Thank you everyone who reads this, i’m so grateful!!
Last edited by hollybopkins; 1 year ago
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hollybopkins)
I always feel that because I don’t go to college and work in a very small village I never get a chance to broaden my friendships with new people. I always feel like I’m left out on the social side.

If anyone has ever had any experience like this and can help me feel a bit better about it all and that I made the right choice, that’d be great!

I need more positive people in my life, I suffer with anxiety and find it hard to communicate with others sometimes so thought this might be a new way of beating that fear!
A bit about me:
I’m a student currently studying for a Level 2 Diploma in early years and childcare whilst taking dance (as a hobby) so that I can kickstart a career in teaching (either primary or solely teaching dance).
Dance is something I’ve been taking part in for over 10 years and I enjoy it, live it and breathe it!!

If you’d like to leave instagram tags or DM i’d be hugely appreciative and will be sure to message you!

Hi Holly and thanks for sharing. I'm MR :hi:

I'm sorry to hear about you feeling lonely.:console:

Do you have any friends at dance? Are you close to any of them? I've had some experience with performing arts and it's so fun to do, often because of the people around you.

A note for people reading this thread is that the sharing of instagram details is only permitted by TSR in the Creative Corner forum.

Are you new to TSR?
hollybopkins
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
Hi Holly and thanks for sharing. I'm MR :hi:

I'm sorry to hear about you feeling lonely.:console:

Do you have any friends at dance? Are you close to any of them? I've had some experience with performing arts and it's so fun to do, often because of the people around you.

A note for people reading this thread is that the sharing of instagram details is only permitted by TSR in the Creative Corner forum.

Are you new to TSR?
Thank you for replying! I have some great friends at dance but I live in such a remote village that it isn’t easy to always be able to get together and meet with them. I’ve been on TSR for a little while now and it has really helped with my social and emotional well-being which is great.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for replying! I have some great friends at dance but I live in such a remote village that it isn’t easy to always be able to get together and meet with them. I’ve been on TSR for a little while now and it has really helped with my social and emotional well-being which is great.
Oh dear.
Do you have family nearby where they live? Or could you arrange a sleepover at one of your houses? Or do you not know them that well?:erm:

I'm really glad to hear that about your positive experiences of TSR.
hollybopkins
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
Oh dear.
Do you have family nearby where they live? Or could you arrange a sleepover at one of your houses? Or do you not know them that well?:erm:

I'm really glad to hear that about your positive experiences of TSR.
I hope to arrange some more get together when i’m able to drive (which should be soon) so things might work better then
Iahmed512
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

A bit about me:

If you’d like to PM i’d be hugely appreciative and will be sure to message you!

Hi,
Yeah that's why I personally wouldn't want to live in a village, it does make it harder but it still is definitely possible to make some friends if you try to get involved in your local community if youthere is any sort of local club, and going out and trying new things.

It's great you're attempting to beat the anxiety.

Ah nice, one of my sisters does childcare, and is almost finished her level 3, the other used to and almost finished her level 3 but couldn't quite cause of circumstances which led her to have to leave her job

Yeah always do something you love, things like dancing will definitely be a great opportunity to help you make friends
Last edited by Iahmed512; 1 year ago
hollybopkins
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iahmed512)
Hi,
Yeah that's why I personally wouldn't want to live in a village, it does make it harder but it still is definitely possible to make some friends if you try to get involved in your local community if youthere is any sort of local club, and going out and trying new things.

It's great you're attempting to beat the anxiety.

Ah nice, one of my sisters does childcare, and is almost finished her level 3, the other used to and almost finished her level 3 but couldn't quite cause of circumstances which led her to have to leave her job

Yeah always do something you love, things like dancing will definitely be a great opportunity to help you make friends
I was lucky when in primary school as all my friends lived near however now that stage is long gone and over, it makes things hard to start fresh but not be in regular contact all the time but i’m grateful that I do have some amazing friends in and around the centre of the town
Iahmed512
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was lucky when in primary school as all my friends lived near however now that stage is long gone and over, it makes things hard to start fresh but not be in regular contact all the time but i’m grateful that I do have some amazing friends in and around the centre of the town
Yeah just a personal thing, nothing to regret or feel and about it, and as you said that part is over so it still won't stop you making good friends!
Also It's not all about the numbers. I know this is a lot different but for sixth form I decided to go to the sixth form of another school, and most of of the people I knew and was friends with stayed there, but it's good now because I have a lot less friends but more close friends.
I had a stage where I regretted it despite it being a much better school because of it not being as fun but I'm over that as I wouldn't have had the close friends I do now, and it's much better, plus sixth form may be fun but you're still going to have to and will be doing work mostly even if you didn't revise much
So change is good, and is one of the main ways you make friends like trying out or going to new things. Yeah that's great to hear
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.07%
I'm not sure (27)
4.47%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (190)
31.46%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.15%
I'm not a current university student (289)
47.85%

Watched Threads