emmyjanejacko
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I do English lang/lit for my A level course with AQA and the one topic i really struggle with is the Great Gatsby recast and commentary. Just thought I would post on here and see if anyone has any great tips on certain things I could do to improve my writing or to stand out a little when doing so. Its hard to remember all of the techniques and conventions of what to write about and include! Any tips or help would be appreciated
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Ben Brown
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I struggle with that too. Every time my recast appears to be too eccentric, and loses its focus. I think that's the thing I find difficult, focusing the narrative and integrating my writing into the novel, that's the key. I think it's best to write simpler and more seamlessly, rather than cleverly (even though it's compromising to say so).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (369)
67.21%
No (180)
32.79%

Watched Threads