Student finance due on Monday but already see it

Watch this thread
rzs
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi! I got my SFE text yesterday (Thursday 3rd) with my payment due on Monday 7th. This gets paid into a HSBC account for the first time. I remember before on Natwest, my money would come in on the saturday rather than the Monday. On my bank account, it typically shows pending payments around 24 hours before they get put into my bank account and this student finance payment is there. Am I likely to receive it early, tomorrow on Saturday?
SFE Dean
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rzs)
Hi! I got my SFE text yesterday (Thursday 3rd) with my payment due on Monday 7th. This gets paid into a HSBC account for the first time. I remember before on Natwest, my money would come in on the saturday rather than the Monday. On my bank account, it typically shows pending payments around 24 hours before they get put into my bank account and this student finance payment is there. Am I likely to receive it early, tomorrow on Saturday?
Hello,

When your online account under the ‘Your Finance’ section states the payment is in progress it means that it is ready to clear into your bank account on the expected date listed.

The text message isn’t a good indication of when the payment was sent to clear as it seems to arrive at different times or not at all for some students.

If in your online account the expected date is the 7th of January, then that’s the date it should clear.

Some banks seem to clear payments on a Saturday however it’s unlikely you will have the payment tomorrow.

Warm Regards, Dean.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
18.4%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.4%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.4%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.6%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
26.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.8%

Watched Threads