The Student Room Group

Is it okay for me to go to ASDA e.t.c. in my pyjamas ?

Hi, I am 27 and I wanted to know something.

I often go out late at night or early morning to supermarkets like ASDA in my pyjamas and slippers or pyjamas with my flip flops. this is often at last minute when I suddenly realise I need to go for a few bits and my clothes aren't available, i.e. in the washing machine or dirty or whatever. Sometimes Admit I am too lazy to bother to change just to nip out to the shops and it is usually later in the night which doesn't seem so bad.

occasionally I get the double look of surprise from a very small minority but overall the vast majority of people don't seem to mind and I even see more people than I used to wear their ( sleep clothes as my nephew calls them ) around the supermarket and public.

I have a friend who says it is a bit odd but everyone else seems to accept it.

what do you think ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
totally fine any time of day tbh. Only an issue if you care what people think
Reply 2
I'd see it as odd but I wouldn't really mind either. I don't remember ever seeing someone in the supermarket in their pyjamas though :tongue:
Its a free country, and there is no dress code or uniform to enter asda, so you are free to do what you want I guess.

If anyone looks at you funny just ignore them, ur having a lazy day and you want to be comfy so be comfy.
It's perfectly fine! It doesn't matter what other people think, you just do you even if others think its weird :biggrin:

F*ck what society considers the ''norm'' lol.
Reply 5
Its scummy and lazy.
Reply 6
The real question is do you care what everyone else thinks? If you do then I wouldn't to it as it is a bit weird. If you don't then crack on.
Original post by Cleverboy1991

I often go out late at night or early morning to supermarkets like ASDA in my pyjamas and slippers or pyjamas with my flip flops. this is often at last minute when I suddenly realise I need to go for a few bits and my clothes aren't available, i.e. in the washing machine or dirty or whatever. Sometimes Admit I am too lazy to bother to change just to nip out to the shops and it is usually later in the night which doesn't seem so bad.

occasionally I get the double look of surprise from a very small minority but overall the vast majority of people don't seem to mind and I even see more people than I used to wear their ( sleep clothes as my nephew calls them ) around the supermarket and public.

what do you think ?

Nah, you are fine. I’ve seen it a few times in Asda. It’s open 24/7 and often seen people in there in their pyjamas.
Original post by qwertyK
Its scummy and lazy.

Misery guts.
Reply 9
Everyone slaughtered the Scousers when this trend came to Liverpool about 5 years ago (edit: probably longer, I recall the fuss around when I started uni, so 8 years ago), now yous are all fine with it. Mental.

Just get dressed.
(edited 5 years ago)
I’ve seen a few mums at the school gate in their pyjamas and onesies when I’ve dropped one of the grandchildren off for school.
Original post by Seamus123
I’ve seen a few mums at the school gate in their pyjamas and onesies when I’ve dropped one of the grandchildren off for school.

Where are you living? Honestly, that is disgustingly lazy.
Original post by qwertyK

Its always been a thing, some parents live close to the school but spend all their time getting the kids ready, then quickly dropping their kids off so that they could go back home and get ready themselves. My parents never did this persay but you can't really judge a person before you understand their reason behind it I guess.
Original post by qwertyK

I thought it was a bit odd at first, but then it seemed to become a thing. When that happens, it becomes more acceptable. I wouldn’t do it. It doesn’t affect me, so it doesn’t bother me. That’s how I see it.
Reply 14
Original post by HanimalGurl
Its always been a thing, some parents live close to the school but spend all their time getting the kids ready, then quickly dropping their kids off so that they could go back home and get ready themselves. My parents never did this persay but you can't really judge a person before you understand their reason behind it I guess.

I don't understand why 'per se' is in there. Surely they either did it or they did not?
Original post by HanimalGurl

It's just indecent in my opinion to go out like that.
Original post by Seamus123
I thought it was a bit odd at first, but then it seemed to become a thing. When that happens, it becomes more acceptable. I wouldn’t do it. It doesn’t affect me, so it doesn’t bother me. That’s how I see it.

Something only becomes acceptable because other people find it acceptable. As there is no law regarding it, it will just be deviant in the eyes of many
Original post by Cleverboy1991

what do you think ?

I think it is wrong. Shops should refuse to serve you. You sound like a tramp. Have some pride in yourself.
I think it looks like the person doesn’t really care about themselves. You can just as easily throw on tracksuit bottoms and a coat.
Original post by qwertyK
Something only becomes acceptable because other people find it acceptable. As there is no law regarding it, it will just be deviant in the eyes of many

Then why get your knickers in a twist about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending