Is it okay for me to go to ASDA e.t.c. in my pyjamas ? Watch

Cleverboy1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I am 27 and I wanted to know something.

I often go out late at night or early morning to supermarkets like ASDA in my pyjamas and slippers or pyjamas with my flip flops. this is often at last minute when I suddenly realise I need to go for a few bits and my clothes aren't available, i.e. in the washing machine or dirty or whatever. Sometimes Admit I am too lazy to bother to change just to nip out to the shops and it is usually later in the night which doesn't seem so bad.

occasionally I get the double look of surprise from a very small minority but overall the vast majority of people don't seem to mind and I even see more people than I used to wear their ( sleep clothes as my nephew calls them ) around the supermarket and public.

I have a friend who says it is a bit odd but everyone else seems to accept it.

what do you think ?
BenK64
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
totally fine any time of day tbh. Only an issue if you care what people think
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'd see it as odd but I wouldn't really mind either. I don't remember ever seeing someone in the supermarket in their pyjamas though
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Its a free country, and there is no dress code or uniform to enter asda, so you are free to do what you want I guess.

If anyone looks at you funny just ignore them, ur having a lazy day and you want to be comfy so be comfy.
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It's perfectly fine! It doesn't matter what other people think, you just do you even if others think its weird

F*ck what society considers the ''norm'' lol.
qwertyK
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Its scummy and lazy.
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
The real question is do you care what everyone else thinks? If you do then I wouldn't to it as it is a bit weird. If you don't then crack on.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yeah I think it is a bit odd but it is also okay, do it if you want.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Cleverboy1991)

I often go out late at night or early morning to supermarkets like ASDA in my pyjamas and slippers or pyjamas with my flip flops. this is often at last minute when I suddenly realise I need to go for a few bits and my clothes aren't available, i.e. in the washing machine or dirty or whatever. Sometimes Admit I am too lazy to bother to change just to nip out to the shops and it is usually later in the night which doesn't seem so bad.

occasionally I get the double look of surprise from a very small minority but overall the vast majority of people don't seem to mind and I even see more people than I used to wear their ( sleep clothes as my nephew calls them ) around the supermarket and public.

what do you think ?
Nah, you are fine. I’ve seen it a few times in Asda. It’s open 24/7 and often seen people in there in their pyjamas.
Claire461
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by qwertyK)
Its scummy and lazy.
Misery guts.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Everyone slaughtered the Scousers when this trend came to Liverpool about 5 years ago (edit: probably longer, I recall the fuss around when I started uni, so 8 years ago), now yous are all fine with it. Mental.

Just get dressed.
Last edited by gjd800; 5 months ago
Claire461
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’ve seen a few mums at the school gate in their pyjamas and onesies when I’ve dropped one of the grandchildren off for school.
qwertyK
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Seamus123)
I’ve seen a few mums at the school gate in their pyjamas and onesies when I’ve dropped one of the grandchildren off for school.
Where are you living? Honestly, that is disgustingly lazy.
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Its always been a thing, some parents live close to the school but spend all their time getting the kids ready, then quickly dropping their kids off so that they could go back home and get ready themselves. My parents never did this persay but you can't really judge a person before you understand their reason behind it I guess.
Claire461
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I thought it was a bit odd at first, but then it seemed to become a thing. When that happens, it becomes more acceptable. I wouldn’t do it. It doesn’t affect me, so it doesn’t bother me. That’s how I see it.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by HanimalGurl)
Its always been a thing, some parents live close to the school but spend all their time getting the kids ready, then quickly dropping their kids off so that they could go back home and get ready themselves. My parents never did this persay but you can't really judge a person before you understand their reason behind it I guess.
I don't understand why 'per se' is in there. Surely they either did it or they did not?
qwertyK
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by HanimalGurl)
It's just indecent in my opinion to go out like that.
qwertyK
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Seamus123)
I thought it was a bit odd at first, but then it seemed to become a thing. When that happens, it becomes more acceptable. I wouldn’t do it. It doesn’t affect me, so it doesn’t bother me. That’s how I see it.
Something only becomes acceptable because other people find it acceptable. As there is no law regarding it, it will just be deviant in the eyes of many
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It's Asda so it's fine.

Legit though, I assume you are wearing your pyjamas because once you get home you want to lay about and relax, and may even wear those pyjamas to bed. Why would you want to be lounging about/getting in bed with clothes that you've walked around outside with?
TheWalrus.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Cleverboy1991)

what do you think ?
I think it is wrong. Shops should refuse to serve you. You sound like a tramp. Have some pride in yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (425)
18.67%
The paper was reasonable (1076)
47.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (505)
22.19%
It was TERRIBLE (270)
11.86%

Watched Threads