The Student Room Group

Man stabbed to death on a train in Surrey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emms2001
This seems to ignore the fact that we have had a Tory government for nearly nine years and Surrey is a Tory area with a Tory council and a Tory PCC.

Yes because a Labour government would have let in less immigrants... Is that your argument here?
This is actually getting out of hand. People stabbing each other smh
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Jebedee
Yes because a Labour government would have let in less immigrants... Is that your argument here?

No, I don't appear to be making that argument, or anything approaching that argument.

It is, however, distasteful that people should use this deeply tragic situation to make such an overt political point before all the facts are known. The original point made (which we can assume was a back-handed reference to the London Mayor) completely ignored the fact this murder occurred outside of London in an area that the Conservatives hold all the local power under a Conservative government that has been in power for nearly nine years.

The actual reason why violent crime is rising everywhere in the UK is highly complex and involves many different strands of policy and resource allocation. Most of these factors (if not all) are way outside the power of the London Mayor, or come to that, any Local Authority - including Tory ones.
Reply 23
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Please please please let it not turn out that the attacker shouted that famous Islamic phrase we all know by now before he murdered the poor chap.

Police confirmed ages ago that they’re not treating it as terrorism so not sure why you brought this up for no reason

It is, however, distasteful that people should use this deeply tragic situation to make such an overt political point before all the facts are known. The original point made (which we can assume was a back-handed reference to the London Mayor) completely ignored the fact this murder occurred outside of London in an area that the Conservatives hold all the local power under a Conservative government that has been in power for nearly nine years.

The actual reason why violent crime is rising everywhere in the UK is highly complex and involves many different strands of policy and resource allocation. Most of these factors (if not all) are way outside the power of the London Mayor, or come to that, any Local Authority - including Tory ones.

Yes it is distasteful, so why are you doing it?

I still don't know the point you are making? Are you saying this man wouldn't have had the urge to kill someone if another government was in? Or that if another government was in power then every train would have armed guards riding?

Usually when labourites say a problem is "complicated", or the even more blatant term "nuanced". It usually means the answer is staring everybody right in the face, but it's not the correct answer according to their dogma.
I think I'm right in saying that the vast majority of these stabbings occurs in the big cities .
Doesn't seem to be so prevalent in the market towns and villages.
Perhaps ...just perhaps it's a different mindset in our major cities .
You can't of course mention cultural background because you'd be discriminatory or racist so . ...I'll leave that bit to ones imagination .
how exactly are we evolving?
Original post by Jebedee
Yes it is distasteful, so why are you doing it?

I still don't know the point you are making? Are you saying this man wouldn't have had the urge to kill someone if another government was in? Or that if another government was in power then every train would have armed guards riding?

Usually when labourites say a problem is "complicated", or the even more blatant term "nuanced". It usually means the answer is staring everybody right in the face, but it's not the correct answer according to their dogma.

You are waffling on about nonsense.

I replied to this comment: "Londanistan: lawless on an epic scale. Coming to a street near you on the election of labour politicians"

I reminded readers that this happened in Surrey, outside of London where all the power is held by the Conservative party, under a Conservative Government and therefore the reference to Labour was not correct.

You then reply: "Yes because a Labour government would have let in less immigrants... Is that your argument here?" This is a mind boggling, frankly nonsense reply, that needed calling out.

You're attempting to create an argument and you will never be satisfied with any response that does not fit with your agenda.

My hope is that reasonable people (whether they be Tory, Labour or Lib Dem) will see that you're troll who is throwing up Straw Man arguments.

The best way it to deal with trolls is to call them out.
Original post by Johnny English
Al most a daily event and one which must have been a targeted attack one would have thought given the circumstances. Horrific for the other passengers .

Not to mention the son
Let me guess, the assailant was another white christian heterosexual male?
Original post by MartinF98
Police have described him as a black male in his 20s or 30s.

and you believe that?? until I see video of a black male in his 20s or 30s caught stabbing someone, the identity need not be described. Now everyone in Surrey (buzz word for posh white suburbanites) will be in fear of every black bloke they see...*****y article. Anyways Surrey is outside of London, making it a potentially high go-through zone for drug runners and sex workers on their way into other cities, or a good hideout since "no one would suspect Surrey." Crime is everywhere in every race bruh!
Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz
Let me guess, the assailant was another white christian heterosexual male?

are you being sarcastic
Original post by Bang Outta Order
are you being sarcastic

It's actually a bit disgusting the way tragic incidents like this are regularly seized on by non-student participants in TSR, ageing white racist kippers and their fellow travellers. It's long overdue that TSR be limited to genuine students and similar, then at least we could get rid of this constant annoyance.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's actually a bit disgusting the way tragic incidents like this are regularly seized on by non-student participants in TSR, ageing white racist kippers and their fellow travellers. It's long overdue that TSR be limited to genuine students and similar, then at least we could get rid of this constant annoyance.

is this aimed at me..
Original post by Fullofsurprises

You aiming that me too since I am white and not a student
You are waffling on about nonsense.

I replied to this comment: "Londanistan: lawless on an epic scale. Coming to a street near you on the election of labour politicians"

I reminded readers that this happened in Surrey, outside of London where all the power is held by the Conservative party, under a Conservative Government and therefore the reference to Labour was not correct.

You then reply: "Yes because a Labour government would have let in less immigrants... Is that your argument here?" This is a mind boggling, frankly nonsense reply, that needed calling out.

You're attempting to create an argument and you will never be satisfied with any response that does not fit with your agenda.

My hope is that reasonable people (whether they be Tory, Labour or Lib Dem) will see that you're troll who is throwing up Straw Man arguments.

The best way it to deal with trolls is to call them out.

if I had to guess where a black thug who stabs people is likely living. Between London and Surrey. I'm going to go with London. So the chances are your point makes no sense.

The reason I mentioned immigrants and Labour is because you are implying that another party in power would have resulted in this stabbing not taking place. I'm assuming you aren't talking about UKIP here but correct me if I'm mistaken.

Maybe I'd be satisfied with your response and maybe not. That would solely depend on the quality of it. But as you haven't offered any, I will safely assume you have none.

Call me a troll if you wish but in lieu of a proper rebuttal, it seems that you are the one throwing out random inflammatory statements and aren't able to back it up.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Jebedee
if I had to guess where a black thug who stabs people is likely living. Between London and Surrey. I'm going to go with London. So the chances are your point makes no sense.

The reason I mentioned immigrants and Labour is because you are implying that another party in power would have resulted in this stabbing not taking place. I'm assuming you aren't talking about UKIP here but correct me if I'm mistaken.

Maybe I'd be satisfied with your response and maybe not. That would solely depend on the quality of it. But as you haven't offered any, I will safely assume you have none.

Call me a troll if you wish but in lieu of a proper rebuttal, it seems that you are the one throwing out random inflammatory statements and aren't able to back it up.

A thug is a thug, whether they be black or white. I don't need to rebut anything you say because you are the one who is writing nonsense, completely out of context with the conversation. You're playing with Straw Man arguments and therefore there is nothing more to say.
Very sad. "Liberals" have a lot to answer for, they've turned this country into a third world warzone. Things are only going to get progressively worse.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by JTharma
A teenage boy saw his dad being stabbed to death on a train. He’ll probably have nightmares for weeks, probably PTSD because of this.

Very sad that just eight hours ago they were both alive and probably looking forward to a day out in London or maybe to visit relatives somewhere and all of a sudden everything changes beyond your wildest nightmares.

:frown: I fully agree...... that poor youngster and his family.

Whatever the circumstances behined this, there is no justification for so brutally taking this man`s life for which was by all accounts a minor incident on the train. How can we moralize to others when the normal rules of civility seem to be breaking down here daily?

The perpetrator (s) of this are of the same mentality that mugged the 98 year old pensioner in his Palmers Green home just before Christmas so badly that he died as a result ( see below ) and other similar all too-often incidents. Small wonder my Father said to me shortly before he passed on " I can see them now, like ghosts before my eyes... the lads that never made it back.... they would probably wonder why they wasted their time."

Second World War veteran Peter Gouldstone, 98, who was injured during a violent robbery at his home in north London last month, has died, the Metropolitan Police said.
He had been attacked in his home in Enfield, north London, on November 6 and was left suffering severe injuries including two bleeds to the brain and extensive bruising on his body.

It made my blood boil when I read this article, this man fought and risked his life to ensure the freedom of the people of the 21th century including the ones of the thugs who attacked him are protected and how do these thugs show their respects? Oh yeah let's go, beat him up and rob his house.

Burglaries are increasing in London, heck they even managed to reach my own neighbourhood but I am yet to be robbed. A more tougher approach needs to be in place for these thugs
...show more"

U-P : Lost for words. Gutted. Incandescant - but sadly, in today`s climate, not surprised either. As the son of a father who was in the same often overlooked and glossed over Italian theatre of operations in World War 2 - the toughest, most destructive and costly in terms of blood and treasure in the west- in which a multinational Allied force was up against some of the most experienced and hardened German troops around, many who had been drafted back from the savage combat of the Eastern Front : likes of the Fallschirmjager ( Paratroopers) and the detested and feared in equal measure Waffen SS- and know how it affected him, I can only empathise and offer my sincerest condolences to his son and family who must be heartbroken at this time.

What those who did this need to remember- if they even have enough mindset to do so - is to reflect that when he was around their age, in his late teens- early twenties, the best years of his life were being taken up risking life and limb as has been said before, to ensure the freedom they have and certainly don`t deserve today. To get some inkling of what Peter Gouldstone and his ilk had to contend with, I would suggest reading "Ten Armies In Hell" ( Peter Caddick- Adams) and "Italy`s Sorrow " ( James Holland). For those of you resident in Hertfordshire, Welwyn Garden City Library normally has both copies on their shelves, or they can be requested through the library service.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending