When should I start revising for A-levels?

Watch
injastro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I know this has been asked before loads of times but I'm asking a slightly different question.

Although I payed attention during Year 12 and up until now of Year 13 in class, I didn't do any revision or even make particularly good notes in class. I mostly did the bare minimum and pay attention to the oral part of any lessons.

I'm doing English, History and Government and Politics.

I want to turn my act around. Should I go complete study mode where I study basically spend all my free time revising right now (January) or just work a little harder and then go full study mode a little later? (eg. April)

Is it too late to aim for A*s and As?

Thanks for any answers.
PorkyPi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you think you won't burn out, the earlier the better.
injastro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thats actually really helpful to me, thank you!

I mean I did put in some work last year for mocks/end of year exams so I know that I know everything and there's only maybe a few things from this year I genuinely havw trouble recalling. But your number of 3 hours a day sounds really doable and its making me feel a little bit better about myself. I'll give it a go and try according to that and adjust later on. Thank you though !
x_Bronx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You should start now, but don't overdo do it, you don't wanna burn out this long before exams!
irapplicant99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by injastro)
I know this has been asked before loads of times but I'm asking a slightly different question.

Although I payed attention during Year 12 and up until now of Year 13 in class, I didn't do any revision or even make particularly good notes in class. I mostly did the bare minimum and pay attention to the oral part of any lessons.

I'm doing English, History and Government and Politics.

I want to turn my act around. Should I go complete study mode where I study basically spend all my free time revising right now (January) or just work a little harder and then go full study mode a little later? (eg. April)

Is it too late to aim for A*s and As?

Thanks for any answers.
I did A levels last year. I revised the night before for every exam. Got A*AB, politics, geog and RS. Never too late as long as you listen in class.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (62)
22.22%
Excited but a bit nervous (126)
45.16%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.9%
I'm really nervous (55)
19.71%

Watched Threads