The Student Room Group

does skin colour matter

for attractiveness

Scroll to see replies

Depends on the person themselves, they may have preferences. Personally, for me, its no, something like skin colour doesnt matter but for some people it may matter.
no
Nope
Reply 4
I'm at least 90% less likely to have a relationship with someone not my colour than someone my colour so yes it does matter. Depends on the person's preference.
Oh hell nawh
Well what do you think. If Rihanna and lupita nyong'o swapped colours would their respective attractivenesses increase or decrease in the eyes of men of the western world? I think we all know the answer.
attractiveness - no
but I wouldn't date them or anything
No
No and I believe every skin color is attractive.
Why would you pick someone that cares about skin color in the first place? That's not what real love is. Real love should be accepted in all kinds of forms regardless of sexual orientation and race and etc
No.
only shallow people would reject you based on your skin pigments.
Oh here we go. 😒

There can be a pale or dark person who is not physically attractive FACE WISE but just because they are pale/dark automatically makes them more attractive to someone?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by the bear
only shallow people would reject you based on your skin pigments.

Well that’s not true at all.

Most people choose a romantic partner based off both personality and attractiveness. Although most people need some kind of physical attraction in a relationship.

Everyone finds something different attractive. Some people aren’t particularly attracted to the usual features that certain races and skin colours have. This does not make them shallow.

OP for me yes skin colour matters. I’m most attracted to Indians and some Asians depending on skin tone. I don’t mind white girls too. I’m not attracted to people who have a dark black skin colour.

It’s not racist, it’s not shallow, it’s simply what I find attractive in a woman.
I mean everyone has their own preferences but that doesn’t mean people should go around saying oh I don’t like black men because of this or that or white men because of this. Believe it or not but a lot of people don’t like a certain skin type because of stereotypes, and don’t even give them the time of day and then would put it down to “preference”
Original post by ellieRx
I mean everyone has their own preferences but that doesn’t mean people should go around saying oh I don’t like black men because of this or that or white men because of this. Believe it or not but a lot of people don’t like a certain skin type because of stereotypes, and don’t even give them the time of day and then would put it down to “preference”

I literally don’t find any girls with dark black skin attractive and it’s totally because of the skin colour.

I have lots of jet black friends. I just don’t find the colour attractive. It’s literally just a preference and nothing else.

I think what people forget is that everyone likes something different.

E.g you have people who would never date someone who was short and not taller than them. It’s the same thing, just a preference.
Original post by WaffleApple
Well that’s not true at all.

Most people choose a romantic partner based off both personality and attractiveness. Although most people need some kind of physical attraction in a relationship.

Everyone finds something different attractive. Some people aren’t particularly attracted to the usual features that certain races and skin colours have. This does not make them shallow.

OP for me yes skin colour matters. I’m most attracted to Indians and some Asians depending on skin tone. I don’t mind white girls too. I’m not attracted to people who have a dark black skin colour.

It’s not racist, it’s not shallow, it’s simply what I find attractive in a woman.

Ermmm what you said is questionable to me you sound shallow, you’re saying you don’t like dark skin tones, I’m white but even id take offence to that
Original post by Anonymous
Ermmm what you said is questionable to me you sound shallow, you’re saying you don’t like dark skin tones, I’m white but even id take offence to that

I’m shallow because I don’t find dark skin attractive? Lol

So are you shallow if you don’t find midget men attractive?
Original post by WaffleApple
I literally don’t find any girls with dark black skin attractive and it’s totally because of the skin colour.

I have lots of jet black friends. I just don’t find the colour attractive. It’s literally just a preference and nothing else.

I don’t like how you’ve worded that. “Jet black” any need? No. And by saying you have lots of black friends doesn’t make what you’re saying any different. Me, personally, I think every skin colour is beautiful, even if my preference was a certain colour I wouldn’t go round saying I don’t like a certain skin colour.. like what. My racism alarm bells are ringing a little
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest