Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old Skool Freak)
    Well as I stated in my previous post, the ones who conform to the "black" stereotypes do have it made. They love those women and the women love them; everyone's happy. However, if you're a regular guy who just happens to be black, and wanted to pull a regular girl who happens to be white, you can run into a whole load of obsticles

I think it's a myth when you hear all this [email protected] about "White girls love a black man"... speaking for experience, for every white / Asian girl who goes for a back man, there will be another 3-4 who wouldn't go near a black guy if the survival of the human race depended on it. Nonetheless, I think most white women are of the camp that black guys aren't what they would normally go for, but not something they would completely rule out either.

Therefore, to realistically stand a chance, the black guys need to be either:- better looking; more funny / charming; richer / higher status or otherwse more desireable than the white guys they are "competing" with. This often means lowering their standards (if pulling a white girl is that important to them). I'd imagine it's the same sort of dynamic for black women... or any member an ethnic group who wants an Anglo Saxon partner for that matter.

I take your point, and I agree to an extent.

In my experence, it wasn't on a dating site, they just started messaging me (for whatever reason).

Sorry to go down this path again, but it would still be a lot tougher for you if you were black lol.

I know Asians communities generally aren't keen on their members dating "outsiders" but sometimes, they can sometimes be persuaded if the other person is white... on the grounds the children will be beautiful. On the other hand, if you were black, it would open a whole can of worms. As well as the physical features, the perception of us in Media etc. doesn't help. In the more conservative communities, an Asian daitng a black person would be on a par with them having committed a horrendous crime, be hooked on heroin etc.

Having said that, it does depend on the community. It's much less of an issue with the 2nd / 3rd generation British Asians, who've grown up with hip hop culture etc.

I geuninely how it works out for you with this girl.

Most of those comments were from other black people (who were lighter skinned than me obviously). If anything, it was worse from them than white people lol.

I know the words don't seem too bad on paper, but you're missing the context in which they were said. They were said in a manner to humiliate me. To be fair though, I could have dealt with it a lot better than I did (at the time, I took everything to heart, but I've since learnt to laugh at myself).

But yeah, you can brush off the odd comment here and there, but when you're getting it 24/7 it does get to you.

Same could be said about white skin. You're all really some kind of pink or peach complextion
    (Original post by KenGosgrove)
    Nothing but facts my African-descent brother.

If you want non-black chicks, better be the best that the black race can offer and then you might, MIGHT, get to compete in the premier league with Anglo- Saxon females.

Asian women? Forget them. Not worth the hassle, not worth the racism, not worth it period. Ignore them like they ignore us.

Ken

Race/skin colour really does matter.

I've done experiments with my own profile in London and 50-70% of black women I message will message back, however 3-5% of white women will message back.

I did a few other experiments as well with black guys in the 8 - 10 range and the max return rate on messages returned from white girls was around 10%

also did an experiment with a couple of white guys in the high 7's and the return rate from white girls was around 1 in 3 [or 33%]

race/colour definately matters, despite what women claim.

Contary to popular opinion I would actually say south asian women are more receptive than white. Perhaps 5-8% will msg me back.

I've notice away from the internet as well, they are generally more receptive than white. The thing is though, the ones who are not receptive tend to be rude. White girls when not interested generally arn't as rude as south asians. This I think has led to the belief that south asian girls are more racist, because the ones that are not interested are ruder.

ReputationRep:

I've lost count of the number of times I've been chatting to a girl online with good banter, rapport etc. for weeks or even months, and as soon as I tell them I'm black, I never hear from them again. They drop me like a hot-potato.If I'm lucky I'll get some kind of excuse first. I mean, how do you think that makes me feel? Seriously, am I supposed to apologise for being black? For the record, these are people who've chosen to PM me, I didn't go looking, and as we've been chatting for a period of time, it shows we get on... yet purely because of my skin complextion, they're not going to give me the time of day.
    its probably because they imagine u to be ugly looking...because their eyes they dont consider black people attractive. but on what platform are u speaking to girls where they cant see what u look like already

ReputationRep:
    Highly subjective. Some will say yes some will say no. It's just a preference. Nobody should be bullied or harassed just for having a preference they can't help.
    Personally I only find pale skin tones and European/Anglo facial/body features attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I've seen attractive people of all difference races. Anyone who thinks there are no attractive people in a certain race are just ignorant.

(Original post by Homo Fuge)
    Nope. I've seen attractive people of all difference races. Anyone who thinks there are no attractive people in a certain race are just ignorant.
    I totally agree but that's not always the same as the question: what race do you personally find more attractive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)

I've done experiments with my own profile in London and 50-70% of black women I message will message back, however 3-5% of white women will message back.

I did a few other experiments as well with black guys in the 8 - 10 range and the max return rate on messages returned from white girls was around 10%

also did an experiment with a couple of white guys in the high 7's and the return rate from white girls was around 1 in 3 [or 33%]

Contary to popular opinion I would actually say south asian women are more receptive than white. Perhaps 5-8% will msg me back.

I've notice away from the internet as well, they are generally more receptive than white. The thing is though, the ones who are not receptive tend to be rude. White girls when not interested generally arn't as rude as south asians. This I think has led to the belief that south asian girls are more racist, because the ones that are not interested are ruder.
    Doesn't surpise me about white women discriminating.

They have the most options and blacks have serious serious negative press.

Ken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    Its not racist though is it? I have plenty of male friends yet I would not date them, does that make me sexist?
    What was the need to say jet black.. that is usually used as a racist term, and does that make sense? You can’t compare racism and sexism in the sense you’re either attracted to male, female or both whatever gender you are, whereas saying you specifically don’t like black peoples skin,it’s just racist, end of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)

I've notice away from the internet as well, they are generally more receptive than white. The thing is though, the ones who are not receptive tend to be rude. White girls when not interested generally arn't as rude as south asians. This I think has led to the belief that south asian girls are more racist, because the ones that are not interested are ruder.[/QUOTE]
    The thing about south Asians Is so legit. It’s because racism against dark skin is so openly accepted in traditional SA communities. At my secondary school full of Asians students used to make fun of and joke about someone for having really dark skin. When someone is getting married and you ask “how does the bride/groom look?” The reply is something like “oh she/he’s so attractive - they’re so pale...” Lol i remember when I was like 11 and this SA family friend asked me “do you want me to find you a wife? Do you want a good looking one or a black one?”

tbh this mentality exists in every ethnic group even among black people (dark v light skin). This is why Koreans get whitening products and why they ditch fellow Asians and go after white men. This is why white men AND women are seen as the most attractive race. It’s why most interracial couples include one white person and rarely two non whites. It’s not they’re doing either - it’s the self hate against our own ethnicities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    its probably because they imagine u to be ugly looking...because their eyes they dont consider black people attractive. but on what platform are u speaking to girls where they cant see what u look like already
    With respect, I don't think it's that... I think it's more to do with the negative perceptions on the whole that exist of black people (especially young black males).

Think about it, whenever you hear on the news of another young person murdered in London (or wherever), there's almost always a photo of a young black male associated with it in some way. What sort of message does that send out to the average Joe Bloggs who doesn't necessarily associate with black people? Moreover, if we're not the thugs / gangsters terrorising the streets, we're either a dope smoking "wasteman" or a sex-mad "player" who eventually ends up with a string of illegitimate children we never see or care about (baby-fathers).

Furthermore, the indoctrination is very subtle (and very cunning), I'll explain with this example:-

Do you remember the Naughties boy-band Blue? Well at the time, I remember there was a BBC Teen poll on who was the sexiest male pop-star around at the time. In that list they had all members of Blue... except Simon (he was the black guy in the group, in case you haven't already worked it out). This was the line-up choice despite the general opinion was that Anthony Costa was the "ugly" one in the group, but he still made it onto the list. In fact, the list was full of white pop-stars ranging from ranging from Justin Timberlake to Brian McFadden; in the list of about 30-40 names, the only non-white name there was Craig David... even though there were no shortage of high profile black pop-stars they could have included if they wanted to (e.g. Usher, Will Smith etc.).

In the link below, the football legend that is John Barnes is talking about the racism Raheem Sterling endured during a Chelsea match in December 2018. He goes on to talk about racism in general and I think he nails the problem at about 3:35 onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3oojs_JmKw

but on what platform are u speaking to girls where they cant see what u look like already
    Just from posting on random forums (this one included). They obviously agreed with or liked what I said and wanted to know more about me.

ReputationRep:
    Just from posting on random forums (this one included). They obviously agreed with or liked what I said and wanted to know more about me.
    As a white/olive skinned girl I have nothing against young black men. Maybe because I've seen just as many white men go down bad roads, this might just have been my school/area.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    With respect, I don't think it's that... I think it's more to do with the negative perceptions on the whole that exist of black people (especially young black males).

Think about it, whenever you hear on the news of another young person murdered in London (or wherever), there's almost always a photo of a young black male associated with it in some way. What sort of message does that send out to the average Joe Bloggs who doesn't necessarily associate with black people? Moreover, if we're not the thugs / gangsters terrorising the streets, we're either a dope smoking "wasteman" or a sex-mad "player" who eventually ends up with a string of illegitimate children we never see or care about (baby-fathers).

Furthermore, the indoctrination is very subtle (and very cunning), I'll explain with this example:-

Do you remember the Naughties boy-band Blue? Well at the time, I remember there was a BBC Teen poll on who was the sexiest male pop-star around at the time. In that list they had all members of Blue... except Simon (he was the black guy in the group, in case you haven't already worked it out). This was the line-up choice despite the general opinion was that Anthony Costa was the "ugly" one in the group, but he still made it onto the list. In fact, the list was full of white pop-stars ranging from ranging from Justin Timberlake to Brian McFadden; in the list of about 30-40 names, the only non-white name there was Craig David... even though there were no shortage of high profile black pop-stars they could have included if they wanted to (e.g. Usher, Will Smith etc.).

In the link below, the football legend that is John Barnes is talking about the racism Raheem Sterling endured during a Chelsea match in December 2018. He goes on to talk about racism in general and I think he nails the problem at about 3:35 onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3oojs_JmKw

Yeah.

Brothers are under psychological assualt. You really have to be mentally strong to achieve a healthy self-esteem in such an environment,

No doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucia12)
    As a white/olive skinned girl I have nothing against young black men. Maybe because I've seen just as many white men go down bad roads, this might just have been my school/area.
    must have been meeting you on these roads. how tf can you come out with such a blinkered comment.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.

Brothers are under psychological assualt. You really have to be mentally strong to achieve a healthy self-esteem in such an environment,

No doubt.
    Real talk! I just bought a house. People looking at me like what the f*** is a black man doing here? No hellos, nothing. Everyone one of the neighbours stare at me like I’m from out of space ( actually two said hello)

Walked to the shops neighbours, kids people just stare and even hurry back in their houses. This is while wearing tailored shirt and chinos.

I’m actually researching selling up and just straight leaving the uk. Just out here working paying taxes like every one else. Got to ask yourself, between the treatment and the weather is it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucia12)
    I wasn't talking specifically about you (I don't believe we've had the pleasure )

I was talking more about the girls who seemed dead keen to get to know me in every way, but then ghosted me as soon as they find out I'm black.

If you've never ghosted someone purely because of their ethnic group, then it doesn't really apply to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QWERTYUIIOP)
    Real talk! I just bought a house. People looking at me like what the f*** is a black man doing here? No hellos, nothing. Everyone one of the neighbours stare at me like I’m from out of space ( actually two said hello)

Walked to the shops neighbours, kids people just stare and even hurry back in their houses. This is while wearing tailored shirt and chinos.

I’m actually researching selling up and just straight leaving the uk. Just out here working paying taxes like every one else. Got to ask yourself, between the treatment and the weather is it worth it?
    Yeah i decided already. Gonna use the uk to get passive income streams then I'm out.

No point staying in this country and producing kids who will be have self hatred and/or identity issues.

ReputationRep:
    For me no, (I’m black btw) however say for example I may find a white girl more attractive than for say an Asian girl that doesn’t mean I won’t date the Asian girl because of her race.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i decided already. Gonna use the uk to get passive income streams then I'm out.

No point staying in this country and producing kids who will be have self hatred and/or identity issues.
    That’s what’s up

ReputationRep:
    Depends what group of people you’re asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snugglebear)
    must have been meeting you on these roads. how tf can you come out with such a blinkered comment.
    As I said, I might just be my area but I've seen far more white drug addicts/deals and white gangs committing robberies and murder. In the media it's more skewed to blaming gangs on black/any other colour than white skin but in my life it's been the opposite. Thinking about it I've only known one black guy who smoked weed yet 20-30 who smoke it regularly and online/Snapchat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    for attractiveness
    No

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.