The Student Room Group

How much should I be revising for my a levels?

I do maths chemistry physics and am predicted abb but i really want 3 a's with 5 months to go till exams im just starting to revise for them but I really dont know how much I should be doing can anyone help
Do you know how much content is left for you to revise?
Original post by TheNamesBond.
Do you know how much content is left for you to revise?

all of it lmao i havent started properly revising yet
Original post by Zebragirl
all of it lmao i havent started properly revising yet

Ok so what I’d advise is to jot down all your content that needs to be covered, find out how long you have until the last 2 - 3 weeks before your exams and divide the content by the amount of time you have in days, I assume you study on certain days only?
It's not always about how much you do, but how clever you are about how you do it. An hour of revision with an effective method is better than 4 hours of sitting and reading material over and over if that's not how you learn the best.

I would say that there's no right or wrong answer, either, but it's good to revise as much as you feel you can, without burning yourself out. I for example would work through my free periods, and then do at least 4 hours a night when I got home, and the same at weekends. But I also alternated between methods, so I'd spend maybe an hour doing past papers, then read my revision notes out loud and record myself speaking them, then have a bath while listened to the notes I'd recorded the previous day. Doing different things allows you to concentrate better.

But if you're slogging and feeling yourself burning out then it's time to cut back, as you won't be able to perform if you do this. Finding a happy medium is key, and if you can do this, that's how you get the best results.

Schedule in plenty of time for "other" things, too. Go visit family, go out with friends, exercise, watch a movie. Don't just revise.

The best of luck :smile:.
(Original post by Zebragirl)I do maths chemistry physics and am predicted abb but i really want 3 a's with 5 months to go till exams im just starting to revise for them but I really dont know how much I should be doing can anyone help.
Hey I am currently doing the same subjects as you, I haven't been predicted anything for physics or chem, but for maths they predict me an a. The thing you need to effectively plan ur revision like certain days of the week are just meant for physics for me. I personally put a lot of effort in physics, which it requires as I thinkj it is the hardest among the 3. I'm decent at math but at chem lately I'm getting pretty bad marks 🙁. But I think if I put the same amount of revision for chem I could do pretty well. Ask if u want to know anything more.
Original post by Shiverhawk
(Original post by Zebragirl)I do maths chemistry physics and am predicted abb but i really want 3 a's with 5 months to go till exams im just starting to revise for them but I really dont know how much I should be doing can anyone help.
Hey I am currently doing the same subjects as you, I haven't been predicted anything for physics or chem, but for maths they predict me an a. The thing you need to effectively plan ur revision like certain days of the week are just meant for physics for me. I personally put a lot of effort in physics, which it requires as I thinkj it is the hardest among the 3. I'm decent at math but at chem lately I'm getting pretty bad marks 🙁. But I think if I put the same amount of revision for chem I could do pretty well. Ask if u want to know anything more.

lmao i relate so much its so much easier to revise for maths so i just spend all my time revising for that and i kinda just leave physics and chem cuz theres so much content and so much to memorise

Quick Reply

Latest