The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Uni of Birmingham as my firm choice??

I have applied for 5 units - Birmingham, Manchester, Coventry, Staffordshire and Chester. Currently my number one choice would be Birmingham, Manchester is a second favourite and also comes with the benefit of an unconditional offer scheme for which I’m eligible if I choose it as my firm choice! I have a problem. My predicted grades are ABB however I think it’s unlikely that I’ll receive these, I’m more likely to get BBC I think, and Birmingham (my top choice) has an entry grade of AAA for psychology. As soon as I visited Birmingham I knew it was the uni I wanted to go to however I know I won’t get in due to the high grades :frown: I think (if/when I eventually get my offer for Birmingham) it would be pointless putting it as my firm choice because I’m unlikely to get AAA and if I don’t get in then I’ve wasted my chance at an unconditional from Manchester, and I may not get the grades to get into there either :frown: I’m not sure if this has made sense because it’s quite long and confusing but basically - I want to go to Birmingham but I won’t get in, do I put it as my firm choice or is that pointless if I’m very unlikely to get the grades??

If anyone can help that’d be much appreciated, thanks.
You don't have to make a decision now , you have until may so I would recommend waiting till around then and doing everything you can to revise and improve and if at that time you think you can get 3 A's then put Birmingham as your firm choice if not then put Manchester
(edited 5 years ago)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Quick Reply

Latest