The Student Room Group

Two uni essay deadlines, help!

I'm in my first year and over Christmas we got set two essays. Mainly because of holiday plans I didn't get nearly enough done before new year. I'm now at the stage where for one essay I have bullet point ideas for two paragraphs and have written a first draft for all the other paragraphs. The other essay sadly is just a handful of bullet points and references. On the plus side this one is due 5 days after the other one.

I'm trying not to stress about completing them because i still have a week and a bit for the first essay and two weeks left for the second one. Any advice on planning my time? Should I completely focus on the first essay till that one is done and then do the second one or do them simultaneously. I think having two due in is causing worry.

It desnt help they are both worth 50% of the marks for their module and I want to do well
Don’t worry, you’ve still got plenty of time! It depends how you work best, but I would probably get the second essay to a place where I felt confident on what I was going to write - not necessarily a full draft but a detailed plan with references. Then just sit down and write the first one fully, check it etc and submit, then do the second essay. But you’ve still got plenty of time - I’ve still got to finish 2 essays due on Monday!
Original post by BlueEyedGirl_
Don’t worry, you’ve still got plenty of time! It depends how you work best, but I would probably get the second essay to a place where I felt confident on what I was going to write - not necessarily a full draft but a detailed plan with references. Then just sit down and write the first one fully, check it etc and submit, then do the second essay. But you’ve still got plenty of time - I’ve still got to finish 2 essays due on Monday!

That's made me feel a lot better thanks. Your suggesting is great so that's what I will do. Good luck with your essays!
Reply 3
Hey blue-eyedGir inbox me
Original post by PsychStudySarah
That's made me feel a lot better thanks. Your suggesting is great so that's what I will do. Good luck with your essays!

Thanks, you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending