The Student Room Group

How I revise Spanish

This is a list that I would recommend people follow. It includes everything that I do in Spanish GCSEs for all 4 components.
-First, make resources.
-For Writing, Reading, Speaking & Listening, you need to:
•Have a revision resource with all vocabulary (I use quizlet flash cards, but physicals flash cards, booklets and other things may work better for you).
•Learn the regular conjugations and exception conjugations for all verbs. These are on kerboodle and several other places online. I made physical flash cards, but other things may work better for you.
•Spend 10 minutes daily going through your Spanish flash cards/other resources and you’ll learn them quite quickly.
•Print out past papers (on your exam board website.)
•Write out common vocab that’s in questions, because you can’t answer the question unless you know what it’s asking.
-For Speaking, you should:
•Ask your teacher for the list of questions they might ask you in the exam, and write them all down. Write rough answers to the questions and ask your teacher to check them. Once you’ve got a perfect answer, put them on flash cards or whatever else you like, and review them weekly. It won’t take that long, and it means you will be prepared.
•Practise with a friend, a parent, a teacher, or yourself. (I’d recommend teacher). This will improve your fluency, confidence, accent and your knowledge of the exam questions.
-For listening, you should:
•Watch a film you know well, and get it to play in Spanish. This will help you pick up vocab, and you get to watch a gilm you like.
•Do practice tests, they seriously help.
-For writing, you should:
•Try practise questions and get your teacher to mark them.
-Reading is more difficult to practise because the questions are more random. I would recommend highlighting key words and translating words you do know so you can work the rest out by context.

Extra tips:
-I changed my phone language to Spanish and kept a little booklet of all the vocab I picked up. It actually helped quite a lot.
-Have a Spanish pen pal. I never did this, but I made a friend on Instagram and spoke to him in Spanish. I had to apply my knowledge and it was really helpful.
-Listen to songs you know in Spanish. Same as watching the films. You could also read a book that you like in Spanish. Lots of people learn languages this way.

There is no set way to learn a language, but for GCSE you must know the tenses and vocab. If you know both of them, you will get a good grade!
Thank you! This is really useful! What sort of grades do you get? And how could I get a pen pal haha? x
fantastic life

Quick Reply

Latest