Fashion Marketing degree - social media manager?

Watch
moon4
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
This may be a bit of a difficult question to answer because I imagine not all fashion marketing undergraduate degrees are likely to teach exactly the same things, but if a general Marketing or Social Media Marketing degree could lead to a job as a Social Media Manager, could a Fashion Marketing degree also lead to job opportunities to be a Social Media Manager?
In a Fashion Marketing degree course are you taught about marketing in a way that could be used and applied to a Social Media Manager job?
Last edited by moon4; 2 years ago
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by moon4)
This may be a bit of a difficult question to answer because I imagine not all fashion marketing undergraduate degrees are likely to teach exactly the same things, but if a general Marketing or Social Media Marketing degree could lead to a job as a Social Media Manager, could a Fashion Marketing degree also lead to job opportunities to be a Social Media Manager?
In a Fashion Marketing degree course are you taught about marketing in a way that could be used and applied to a Social Media Manager job?
Its not an area i really know much about and you're right every degree can vary a bit but from a quick look online at job vacancies it seems a general marketing degree could give you more options but thats not to say you couldn't use a fashion marketing degree for it.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by moon4)
Hi moon4 :hello:

I would recommend that you research a few universities with Fashion Marketing courses that you are interested in to check their course content to see if they offer any Social Media Marketing modules. If this is the case, you will gain transferable skills needed for any social media role (even if the module is specific to fashion based social media).

Alternatively, if your preferred course does not have a module dedicated to Social Media Marketing, you could get experience outside of the curriculum through work placements and internships. I studied Business Management and Marketing at Liverpool Hope and during my second and third year, I gained a work experience opportunity within the Crowne Plaza hotel as a Social Media Marketing Assistant whereby I developed and maintained the company's social media platforms.

I hope this helps!

If you have any questions please feel free to pm us.

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (47)
18.15%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (73)
28.19%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (98)
37.84%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (32)
12.36%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.47%

Watched Threads