Is the Earth flat, square-shaped or rounded?

Watch
Sotschi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can someone tell me, please? I've heard conflicting evidence over this issue. Thank you.
Violet Femme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ignore what you have been told by ignorant people. The earth is a tetrahedron shape.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Violet Femme)
Ignore what you have been told by ignorant people. The earth is a tetrahedron shape.
definitely, agree
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Any credible scientist will tell you the earth is "rounded". Or more exact, an oblate spheroid.
Sotschi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Violet Femme)
Thank you for your enlightenment
esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How you perceive things may not be how things really are. Everything that you see passes through the filter of your brain. How do you even know if anything even exists and it isn't something that your brain has made up. And anyways, there is no proof that nothing exists beyond what our eyes can see or our hands can feel despite of it being deeply ingrained into us.

While I am not a flat earther, it's very annoying when normies blatantly bash flat earthers. You can show me an example of phenomenon in physics which can be explained using the notion of earth being round but that by no means mean that there is no other possible shape in existence for which the phenomenon can occur. I could argue that physics in itself is not rigorous and it's foundations itself are laid on assumptions. Reasonable assumptions like energy in a closed system is conserved but assumptions nevertheless. Come to think of it, how would you even make it rigorous? What would be axioms?

A flattened sphere or oblate spheroid is what fits the description of our ideas of physics and it is how we perceive it (assuming every human on earth sees a sphere exactly how I see a sphere). Hence an oblate spheroid it is. It's like asking "do I exist?". I think I exist and so I do (because I think I do).
Sotschi
Rep:
?
(Original post by esrever)
How you perceive things may not be how things really are. Everything that you see passes through the filter of your brain. How do you even know if anything even exists and it isn't something that your brain has made up. And anyways, there is no proof that nothing exists beyond what our eyes can see or our hands can feel despite of it being deeply ingrained into us.

While I am not a flat earther, it's very annoying when normies blatantly bash flat earthers. You can show me an example of phenomenon in physics which can be explained using the notion of earth being round but that by no means mean that there is no other possible shape in existence for which the phenomenon can occur. I could argue that physics in itself is not rigorous and it's foundations itself are laid on assumptions. Reasonable assumptions like energy in a closed system is conserved but assumptions nevertheless. Come to think of it, how would you even make it rigorous? What would be axioms?

A flattened sphere or oblate spheroid is what fits the description of our ideas of physics and it is how we perceive it (assuming every human on earth sees a sphere exactly how I see a sphere). Hence an oblate spheroid it is. It's like asking "do I exist?". I think I exist and so I do (because I think I do).
I see where you're coming from tbh, and I really feel the subject is open to interpretation as, beyond photos, there is no definitive proof
esrever
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sotschi)
I see where you're coming from tbh, and I really feel the subject is open to interpretation as, beyond photos, there is no definitive proof
Camera should be able to capture every form of information that is out there and then we should be able to perceive it.
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can someone tell me, please? I've heard conflicting evidence over this issue. Thank you.
Round. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
ohdahnnyboi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
why is this even a question? it so obviously is round - nasa wouldn't lie to us. would they? i mean there's photographic evidence, and don't let anyone tell u otherwise :lol: :confused: :eek:
Sotschi
Rep:
?
(Original post by esrever)
Camera should be able to capture every form of information that is out there and then we should be able to perceive it.
It could be an edited image/an image generated by successive governments to keep people in line and not question the very earth we live on.
Sotschi
Rep:
?
(Original post by thestudent33)
Is there some theory behind your reply, please?
stoyfan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Its doughnut shaped.

BELIEVE NO ONE ELSE.
ohdahnnyboi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
just realised i said the exact same thing as you without even seeing ur post lol :lol:
ohdahnnyboi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by stoyfan)
Its doughnut shaped.

BELIEVE NO ONE ELSE.
don't sow seeds of doubt in a vulnerable person's mind! how many times must i tell you!!
PorkyPi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Earth is a paralelipiped confirmed
Claire461
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends how drunk you are.
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ohdahnnyboi)
just realised i said the exact same thing as you without even seeing ur post lol :lol:
Loool, just goes to show that most people are smart enough to realise that the earth is round not flat or whatever
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Seamus123)
Depends how drunk you are.
When sober?
ohdahnnyboi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Loool, just goes to show that most people are smart enough to realise that the earth is round not flat or whatever
honestly can't believe there are still flat-earthists out there. i thought it was a thing of the past - we should be progressing not regressing honestly - we believe there were dinosaurs billions of years ago which we didn't see ourselves, yet people have been TO SPACE and have seen that the earth IS ROUND and yet we still doubt. unbelievable :lol: :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads