i want to improve this but i dont know how?

Watch
tasneem.016
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
1 about 16 hours ago Report post
question: was the activities of the suffragettes the main reason why women got the vote in 1918?

intro:
in 1918, for the first time in the UK women over 30 were given the right to vote. The suffragettes and suffragists fought for the right to vote for over 70 years. They also proved the government wrong by contributing to the war effort. This showed the government that women were able to do the work that was set only for men and that women have the same abilities. After 1906, however social changes brought about by the liberal reforms changed many things for the country where everyone should be treated equally and have their own freedom. Many people think this was the reason why women got the vote in 1918.
anonanoan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Perhaps clarify the difference in suffragettes and suffragists, for example how the suffragettes used violence to get their message across and how the suffragists used more peaceful methos. You're lacking extra details.
tasneem.016
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
the thing is it's just an intro so i didn't want to give too much detail away if you get what i mean. thanks though, very useful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.35%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (78)
28.06%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (102)
36.69%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (37)
13.31%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.6%

Watched Threads