AnnaMirjam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello everyone,
I'm applying to UK universities this year for Bachelor's Degree in Film Production, Film Production and Screenwriting, Film courses. I've already picked University of Chichester (Digital Film Production and Screenwriting), University of Leeds (Film, Photography and Media), University of the West of Scotland (Filmmaking and Screenwriting).

I cannot choose from 4 other universities I've already chosen. These are University of Lancaster (Film and Creative Writing), Southampton Solent University (Film BA), Lincoln University (Film production) and University of Westminster (Film BA).

What do you recommend? I would like to study practical filmmaking with just a few experiences (I made only one short film and worked as a production assistant). I also find interesting the screenwriting courses, as I aim to further my knowledge in that too.

What do you think?
Jesries
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I dont know whether this is relevant now 2 weeks later, however i would recommend The University of Lincoln as i have had a look around and they have a lot of equipment such as cameras and a professional tv studios, one small and large. They also have a photography room, cinema room and a few radio rooms. Siren FM, a popular radio channel in Lincoln is also in the media building. I looked at the Media Production Couse when i went, but i believe they are kinda similar anyway except one if more film based. The uni is also very modern and they have tonnes of Mac computers. The media building has a lot of halls and for me id probably get lost a lot aha.

The Lincoln Uni is also in town so only like a 5 min walk to all the stores. There is also a live music venue at the Lincoln Uni called the engine shed. They have a lot of gigs and concerts on and have played many big names. Most uni students go there for clubbing etc. Not to mention all the other culbs around Lincoln, its great. The only problem i have with that city is how expensive the Odeon tickets are (£9.50 for a student).

You can get a megarider for £13 a week and you can go on the bus as much as you want. It is quite expensive tho and adult tickets are £2.50 a ride. There is no need for one though as the uni is centred in town as i mentioned before. Most of the accomodation is really close to the Uni, especially student housing. I'd say 70% of Lincoln is made up of student houses haha.
AnnaMirjam
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jesries)
I dont know whether this is relevant now 2 weeks later, however i would recommend The University of Lincoln as i have had a look around and they have a lot of equipment such as cameras and a professional tv studios, one small and large. They also have a photography room, cinema room and a few radio rooms. Siren FM, a popular radio channel in Lincoln is also in the media building. I looked at the Media Production Couse when i went, but i believe they are kinda similar anyway except one if more film based. The uni is also very modern and they have tonnes of Mac computers. The media building has a lot of halls and for me id probably get lost a lot aha.

The Lincoln Uni is also in town so only like a 5 min walk to all the stores. There is also a live music venue at the Lincoln Uni called the engine shed. They have a lot of gigs and concerts on and have played many big names. Most uni students go there for clubbing etc. Not to mention all the other culbs around Lincoln, its great. The only problem i have with that city is how expensive the Odeon tickets are (£9.50 for a student).

You can get a megarider for £13 a week and you can go on the bus as much as you want. It is quite expensive tho and adult tickets are £2.50 a ride. There is no need for one though as the uni is centred in town as i mentioned before. Most of the accomodation is really close to the Uni, especially student housing. I'd say 70% of Lincoln is made up of student houses haha.
Thank you! Finally, I did apply to Lincoln and Westminster as well.
AnnaMirjam
Rep:
?
I got an offer from Chichester and Lincoln at the moment, also filled the questionnaire to Westminster so I'm waiting for the evaluation. If you know anything about my chosen universities, please don't keep it to yourself as I still don't know, which one will be my firm choice :confused: DD
Donutorchid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am no good/relevant fo film but what you can do is checking related discussions under your thread to find some names.
Hint: one of the universities you applied is listed in best ___

(Original post by AnnaMirjam)
I got an offer from Chichester and Lincoln at the moment, also filled the questionnaire to Westminster so I'm waiting for the evaluation. If you know anything about my chosen universities, please don't keep it to yourself as I still don't know, which one will be my firm choice :confused: DD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (153)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (460)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (350)
11.21%
Lack of purpose or motivation (435)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (147)
4.71%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (188)
6.02%
Loneliness (269)
8.61%
Financial worries (113)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (125)
4%
Exposure to negative news/social media (141)
4.51%
Lack of real life entertainment (170)
5.44%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (278)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (294)
9.41%

Watched Threads