The Student Room Group

Any organ enthusiasts?

I just had to know... :ahee: if i start talking about the organ, i won't stop :party: just sayin' :lol:
Original post by ohdahnnyboi
I just had to know... :ahee: if i start talking about the organ, i won't stop :party: just sayin' :lol:

:laugh: Fair enough! I know a few people who are really into the organ too :mmm:
but it's not like they can bring one to uni :ashamed2:

:bump:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Hahaha
Why did i think you were talking about like organ body parts.. :colondollar:
Are we talking about kidneys or pianos
Original post by Humz007
Are we talking about kidneys or pianos

lmao ikr
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:laugh: Fair enough! I know a few people who are really into the organ too :mmm:
but it's not like they can bring one to uni :ashamed2:

:bump:

Spoiler

yeh i know - u can't just play one whenever like most instruments, you have to go to a church or something. most unis have a chapel or something with and organ tho, right?
yeh i know - u can't just play one whenever like most instruments, you have to go to a church or something. most unis have a chapel or something with and organ tho, right?

Yeah
My uni's accommodation has a music room which you can book and they had an electric organ I think :erm:

But there are loads of churches nearby, you'd just have to ask I guess :erm:
Reply 8
Yeah
My uni's accommodation has a music room which you can book and they had an electric organ I think :erm:

Only counts if it's a Hammond B3. Those things are teh shiz. Not had the pleasure of playing one myself, but the sound is still amazing, whatever our snobbish **** of an organist at church says. I've played some of the more modern electric organs though.

@ohdahnnyboi - a cliché, but a beautiful piece nonetheless; Mr Karl Richter:

Yeah

yeh - i play the organ at my village church, so im alright for now :laugh:
Original post by Tootles
Only counts if it's a Hammond B3. Those things are teh shiz. Not had the pleasure of playing one myself, but the sound is still amazing, whatever our snobbish **** of an organist at church says. I've played some of the more modern electric organs though.

@ohdahnnyboi - a cliché, but a beautiful piece nonetheless; Mr Karl Richter:

it is indeed both cliché and beautiful - best organ you've played?
it is indeed both cliché and beautiful - best organ you've played?
El crapola cheap electric organ. I'm poor :h: I do some woodworking and stuff at home, have considered having a go at making something small, but it'd really be easier (and cheaper) to make a briefcase-sized clavichord.
you must love royal weddings lol
Original post by Tootles
El crapola cheap electric organ. I'm poor :h: I do some woodworking and stuff at home, have considered having a go at making something small, but it'd really be easier (and cheaper) to make a briefcase-sized clavichord.

ah nice :biggrin: u got any churches nearby that'd let u practise? briefcase-sized clavichord - would love to see that :lol:
ah nice :biggrin: u got any churches nearby that'd let u practise? briefcase-sized clavichord - would love to see that :lol:
I don't want to go in my parish church to practise. I've put a lot of effort into keeping it a secret there that I'm a musician.

Clavichords aren't that much bigger than a briefcase anyway IIRC. They started tiny and then grew.
Original post by Tootles
I don't want to go in my parish church to practise. I've put a lot of effort into keeping it a secret there that I'm a musician.

Clavichords aren't that much bigger than a briefcase anyway IIRC. They started tiny and then grew.

mmm, they'll rope u into playing 😂😂

that is true

Quick Reply

Latest