Losing weight Watch

Anonymous2114
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Is it okay if I eat 900 calories or less a day? Will I lose weight?
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
900 is way too little. Even if you're doing nothing all day. Aim for 1500 and a 30 minute walk every day
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What is your maintenance weight?

I wouldn’t advise dropping your calories that low and that fast, it’s not healthy nor will it do your physique any good
Lucia12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
depends on you height and current weight
Aazaa_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If you can maintain it then yes, however if you can't then it may cause you to binge (thus gain weight). I reccommend about 1200-1500 calories.
Depends on your bmi tbh.

You will have to sacrifice some muscle though.
Lucia12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm 5''3 and female and slim so eat ruffly 1400-1800 a day normally to maintain this with weekly cycling and Pilates and a job the keeps me on my feet for a couple of days a week.
Anonymous2114
Rep:
?
Well my weight is 48.5kg and it decreases by 0.2 sometimes and then goes back to 48.5kg
Anonymous2114
Rep:
?
And I’m 5’1
Lucia12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You do not need to be losing weight, for your height you are a perfect weight. My advice would be forget about calories and weight and do weight training exercises. It'll make you feel strong and powerful, it will increase your weight but only with dense muscle, muscle weighs more than fat so you won't even notice it, and it'll make you feel good about yourself, it worked when I had problems and went calorie control mad before realising by eating nothing I could think and learn properly
studyhelppverif
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous2114)
Is it okay if I eat 900 calories or less a day? Will I lose weight?
You will probably lose weight, but try changing your current foods to a healthier alternative. Also, try doing exercise 20 mins a day minimum. This will help you to lose weight faster. Drink lots of water as well!
Klowywoo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Try intermediate fasting. Try searching it up on YouTube and consider if you are ready to fast. It is possibly the most efficient weight loss method.

Edit: intermittent fasting (typo)
Last edited by Klowywoo; 9 months ago
piupiupiupiu
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Klowywoo)
Try intermediate fasting. Try searching it up on YouTube and consider if you are ready to fast. It is possibly the most efficient weight loss method.
You really think it's appropriate to advise someone, about whom the only thing you know is that they think it's ok to eat 900 calories a day, that they should try intermittent fasting? Wow, way to go. People like you used to fuel my eating disorder when I was a teenager.

PS I am not against intermittent fasting
PPS it is intermittent not intermediate
piupiupiupiu
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
OP, if you are not overweight, don't diet. You could end up being overweight as a result. The healthiest people I know have never been on a diet. The overweight people I know have been dieting from a young age.

Also, if you are going to diet, never go below 1000 calories average per day.
TheImpossibleOne
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi! Please do not eat less than 900 calories a day. It is a method of losing weight - but it is unhealthy and you will feel drained.

How many calories you intake should depend on your age, gender, weight and height. Skipping meals and not eating enough will make you feel sick, and you may feel the urge to binge - which can potentially do the adverse affect of losing weight. It will also make you feel weak and tired. Cutting down your calories severely is not a healthy way of losing weight.

If you really want to lose weight in a healthy way, pay attention to what you are eating. Watching what you eat doesn't necessarily mean cutting down on calories completely. Your body needs food to function, and if you eat a balanced diet, that will be a healthy way of losing weight effectively. Also being more active in general, such as going on a walk, doing an activity you enjoy and other things will help you naturally lose weight.

Do some research into what you think will help you lose weight, but definitely do not start restricting your calories so drastically as it will negatively affect you! Hope you are well.
Anonymous2114
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheImpossibleOne)
Hi! Please do not eat less than 900 calories a day. It is a method of losing weight - but it is unhealthy and you will feel drained.

How many calories you intake should depend on your age, gender, weight and height. Skipping meals and not eating enough will make you feel sick, and you may feel the urge to binge - which can potentially do the adverse affect of losing weight. It will also make you feel weak and tired. Cutting down your calories severely is not a healthy way of losing weight.

If you really want to lose weight in a healthy way, pay attention to what you are eating. Watching what you eat doesn't necessarily mean cutting down on calories completely. Your body needs food to function, and if you eat a balanced diet, that will be a healthy way of losing weight effectively. Also being more active in general, such as going on a walk, doing an activity you enjoy and other things will help you naturally lose weight.

Do some research into what you think will help you lose weight, but definitely do not start restricting your calories so drastically as it will negatively affect you! Hope you are well.
I am well thanks, and I am focusing on the types of food I eat by making it a balanced diet. But less calories will quicken up the process.
TheImpossibleOne
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I am well thanks, and I am focusing on the types of food I eat by making it a balanced diet. But less calories will quicken up the process.
Less calories will quicken up the process, yes - but as long as you do it healthfully! You definitely need more than 900 calories a day. If you restrict your calories too much, you will become really hungry, and that could affect your health and make you prone to binge.

It is much better to eat a balanced, healthier diet with the right amount of calories depending on factors to do with age, gender et cetera, than restricting your calories too heavily. Foods such as fruit and veg, eggs, fish, certain meats and even dark chocolate (such a bonus!!) are perfect types of food for having a healthy diet. Remember that you should be eating at least three meals a day!

But... I wouldn't say look into only eating certain types of food too much. It is also healthy to eat what you love, too! The main thing is about being careful with what you eat, but never forget to treat yourself, too! Also having an active lifestyle, even by just walking/cycling and other activities are brilliant ways of losing weight. A gym certainly helps, but it is not always necessary!
Anonymous2114
Rep:
?
Less calories will quicken up the process, yes - but as long as you do it healthfully! You definitely need more than 900 calories a day. If you restrict your calories too much, you will become really hungry, and that could affect your health and make you prone to binge.

It is much better to eat a balanced, healthier diet with the right amount of calories depending on factors to do with age, gender et cetera, than restricting your calories too heavily. Foods such as fruit and veg, eggs, fish, certain meats and even dark chocolate (such a bonus!!) are perfect types of food for having a healthy diet. Remember that you should be eating at least three meals a day!

But... I wouldn't say look into only eating certain types of food too much. It is also healthy to eat what you love, too! The main thing is about being careful with what you eat, but never forget to treat yourself, too! Also having an active lifestyle, even by just walking/cycling and other activities are brilliant ways of losing weight. A gym certainly helps, but it is not always necessary!
I eat at specific times like I wake up around 1 and eat lunch. Then around 5, I eat dinner and at 9 I eat cereal. Also, I walk every weekday for like 15 minutes.
TheImpossibleOne
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I eat at specific times like I wake up around 1 and eat lunch. Then around 5, I eat dinner and at 9 I eat cereal. Also, I walk every weekday for like 15 minutes.
This seems pretty healthy to me, depending how much and what you're eating for lunch and dinner. I honestly love eating cereal at night time, lol, it's the best time Just make sure you don't restrict your calories to the point that you are starving yourself, as that isn't healthy and will have an adverse affect on you!
Anonymous2114
Rep:
?
This seems pretty healthy to me, depending how much and what you're eating for lunch and dinner. I honestly love eating cereal at night time, lol, it's the best time Just make sure you don't restrict your calories to the point that you are starving yourself, as that isn't healthy and will have an adverse affect on you!
I wont, thanks! 😀
Simonthegreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I am trying to lose weight as well. My problem is how do I count the calories when it is not bought food? I make my own meals and it is difficult to work this out and poriton size. Any ideas?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
6.57%
They might tell the bully (22)
10.33%
I don't think they'd understand (36)
16.9%
It might lead to more bullying (74)
34.74%
There's nothing they could do (67)
31.46%

Watched Threads