What is your favorite Rare game? Watch

Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi guys!

I planned this thread already in the last year, but I thought it would be forgotten during the best-game-in-2018-award and the days from christmas to new years eve. But the time has come now...

to ask you about the best game the well known brand Rare has ever produced in the past!

And Rare released a lot (awesome) games, here is a list about them

What is your favorite and why?

I like the Donkey Kong series for SNES and most of all the part in the middle, number 2: the characters are good playable and the fact that hidden levels (not the bonus stages!) exist for the first time in Donkey Kong makes it to my favorite.

Banjo-Kazooie for N64 is very closed and a very good game that would deserve a mention, if it would not be so popular and known.

Is there a rare game you never played, but you would like in the past, even in presence?

In my case, yes: Conker's Bad Fur Day. I was so keen on the game since I saw the first game sequences to it. The black humor and the money-grubbing squirrel with his sarcastic behaviour would have made my day - if I had ever got it.

Now, it is your turn, guys. Tell me something about YOUR favorite Rare game here!

AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Hi guys!

I planned this thread already in the last year, but I thought it would be forgotten during the best-game-in-2018-award and the days from christmas to new years eve. But the time has come now...

to ask you about the best game the well known brand Rare has ever produced in the past!

I like the Donkey Kong series for SNES and most of all the part in the middle, number 2: the characters are good playable and the fact that hidden levels (not the bonus stages!) exist for the first time in Donkey Kong makes it to my favorite.

Banjo-Kazooie for N64 is very closed and a very good game that would deserve a mention, if it would not be so popular and known.

Is there a rare game you never played, but you would like in the past, even in presence?

In my case, yes: Conker's Bad Fur Day. I was so keen on the game since I saw the first game sequences to it. The black humor and the money-grubbing squirrel with his sarcastic behaviour would have made my day - if I had ever got it.

Now, it is your turn, guys. Tell me something about YOUR favorite Rare game here!

As someone who's always been more into PC gaming than console gaming, the majority of their games haven't been available to me. :no: That said, I did play GoldenEye 007 a few times when visiting friends who had N64s, and it sticks out in my memory (and its reputation and legacy only seem to get better as time goes by)!
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
As someone who's always been more into PC gaming than console gaming, the majority of their games haven't been available to me. :no: That said, I did play GoldenEye 007 a few times when visiting friends who had N64s, and it sticks out in my memory (and its reputation and legacy only seem to get better as time goes by)!
Yep, you told me. Has really missed some good games, not only the ones which were produced by Rare. In turn I think I have missed good PC games, as I was too focused on consoles. Don't sweat it.
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Kinect-related games
I'mComingOxford
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
League of Legends
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Kinect-related games
Rare released kinect games? didn't know this yet. Are the inect sports parts some of them you was talking about?
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Rare released kinect games? didn't know this yet. Are the inect sports parts some of them you was talking about?

:yep:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinect_Sports (Played + Loved it)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinect_Sports:_Season_Two (Played + Loved it)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinect_Sports_Rivals (I haven't played this, can't afford XBone :cry2: )

Last edited by ecolier; 2 weeks ago
sknudson
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Good times. The amount of hours I logged on this was unreal. I regret nothing.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by I'mComingOxford)
League of Legends
That was Riot Games, I believe?
I'mComingOxford
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
yes! do you play it
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by I'mComingOxford)
yes! do you play it
A couple of times, way back in 2010/11. It was my friends who were really into it, I gave it a go to see what the fuss was about, but it wasn't really my thing. :nah:
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No Man's Sea. Wait, sorry it's called Sea of Thieves isn't it

Also, before we discuss the correct answer (Goldeneye), can we just establish if you played Odd-job you're a cheater
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Thanks for information. League of Legends is a game I have never linked with Rare from the first second.

(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
No Man's Sea. Wait, sorry it's called Sea of Thieves isn't it

Also, before we discuss the correct answer (Goldeneye), can we just establish if you played Odd-job you're a cheater
Yep, that is right. Sea of Thieves is one of the games which was released by Rare.

Never played Goldeneye, so I can't reply to your question about the bond game.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yep, that is right. Sea of Thieves is one of the games which was released by Rare.

Never played Goldeneye, so I can't reply to your question about the bond game.
I'm aware Sea of Thieves is a rare game (I've played it), i was comparing it to No Man's Sky because it also was launched with basically no game play.

Not a question, it's a statement of fact. If you played Odd-job, you were cheating
TSR Mustafa
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Battledawn , played it mainly in h.school when it had thousands of active peeps on each world. It's a rts game and therefore very time consuming but incredibly enjoyable with a great community.

ps: lol i thought rare , as in unknown games not an actually company mb l
Last edited by TSR Mustafa; 1 week ago
stoyfan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If anyone can remember the legendary strategy game World in Conflict then they are awesome.
quasa
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys!

wasnt zelda made by rare? but agree with conker, banjo and donkey kong country
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Conker's Bad Fur Day was the realest
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by quasa)
wasnt zelda made by rare? but agree with conker, banjo and donkey kong country
Don't know any Zelda game ever made by rare. And I played a lot!

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Conker's Bad Fur Day was the realest
Yep, and the most expensive. How much money did you pay for this game to play? over 100 pounds? as a rarity, it costs a lot.

JoshDarnIt What is the matter with you? I am surprised that you, a retro gamer, has not played a rare game, seems so.
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't know any Zelda game ever made by rare. And I played a lot!

Yep, and the most expensive. How much money did you pay for this game to play? over 100 pounds? as a rarity, it costs a lot.

JoshDarnIt What is the matter with you? I am surprised that you, a retro gamer, has not played a rare game, seems so.
Soz, I kept getting a bunch of notifications yesterday and couldn't keep up with everything so I ended up forgetting to reply to this thread

But alas, I'm here now

Sorry to tell ya but I've never played any games by Rare But that doesn't mean I don't know all the classics! Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo-Kazooie, Goldeneye, DK64, Perfect Dark etc.

I hope to own some of their games one day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1116)
78.93%
Leave (298)
21.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed