Captain_Falcon89
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

Anyone doing this course with OU? Can anyone give their thoughts on the course who have done it? Im away to start in February and just received my reading material via post.

Cheers
Captain Falcon
Katrinaxoxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
10/10 do not recommend. I started it in October 2018 alongnside DB125 and B122 and up until now it’s been alright easy enough to understand been getting marks in the 70s for assignments.. and now I’m at the stage where I’m not understanding the work it’s getting very complicated and me personally am better when I have someone physically explaining to me hence I have applied to brick uni. All depends on how u learn 🤷🏼*♀️
Captain_Falcon89
Rep:
?
(Original post by Katrinaxoxo)
10/10 do not recommend. I started it in October 2018 alongnside DB125 and B122 and up until now it’s been alright easy enough to understand been getting marks in the 70s for assignments.. and now I’m at the stage where I’m not understanding the work it’s getting very complicated and me personally am better when I have someone physically explaining to me hence I have applied to brick uni. All depends on how u learn 🤷🏼*♀️
Whats your background in? Ive already made a start on the reading material and it seems to be quite easy for me. Probably helps I work full time in a industry relatable to the course.
Katrinaxoxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Captain_Falcon89)
Whats your background in? Ive already made a start on the reading material and it seems to be quite easy for me. Probably helps I work full time in a industry relatable to the course.
I am only 18 and chose to do open uni because I wasn’t ready for brick uni. I have had 2 part time and 1 full time job so next to noting experience tbh. I think the course would be a lot easier for someone like you working in the industry and I know a lot of people who work in the industry that it has worked for! I found some tutors to be helpful but had 1 who gave the worst advice and help ever! However I did take 3 modules on while working full time so I think it was too much at once! B100 is definitely the easier module out of the 3!
Captain_Falcon89
Rep:
?
(Original post by Katrinaxoxo)
I am only 18 and chose to do open uni because I wasn’t ready for brick uni. I have had 2 part time and 1 full time job so next to noting experience tbh. I think the course would be a lot easier for someone like you working in the industry and I know a lot of people who work in the industry that it has worked for! I found some tutors to be helpful but had 1 who gave the worst advice and help ever! However I did take 3 modules on while working full time so I think it was too much at once! B100 is definitely the easier module out of the 3!
Yeah youre advised to do 60 credits per year. Thats quite alot you took on. What was the other 2 units you took to make your full 120?
Katrinaxoxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Captain_Falcon89)
Yeah youre advised to do 60 credits per year. Thats quite alot you took on. What was the other 2 units you took to make your full 120?
Yeah I know but the kind of job I had I was able to study while working as it wasn’t a busy place. And yes it made up 120 - I knew a few doing it successfully just wasn’t for me 🤷🏼*♀️
jbarron12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
how are you finding it? i start in september and am nervous.
Sian8891x
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I've just enrolled for the September course, have you chosen your other units yet?
jbarron12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Sian8891x Yeah I chose you and your money and communication skills for business and management - I am doing the BA (Hons) Business Management degree. Have you chosen yours? Are you doing part or full time?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (254)
34.05%
No (492)
65.95%

Watched Threads