How do you carry luxury items without feeling guilty. Watch

Sid2001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm a 17 year old Indian boy currently in Year 12. I'm lucky enough to have been brought up in a very priviliged family and so money has never been a concern. My mother is a Doctor (nearing consultancy now) and has had well-off and less fortunate patients. My dad is an IT Project/Test Manager (contracts himself to large firms including Barclays, Deutsche Bahn, HSBC, Citigroup etc) but he is also involved in social/charity work in the UK and India and has interacted with people of all incomes.

As a result, we are aware that as a family we are in a very priviliged and fortunat position and so we do our best to help out the less fortunate, yet it is never enough.

I do like expensive/luxury things. What I mean by this is niche items like watches, pens and clothes (Club Monaco and Reiss, not Supreme, Off-white etc). As a result, I wouldn't say it is necessarily showing off because most people don't notice the branding on the watches/clothes because they have a tasteful, subtle, yet sophisticated and sartorial design. I just like the heritage and quality feel of the items (although the interal pride of it could also play a part)

However, I always feel guilty wearing a Tissot or Longiness watch in school. Most people just see it as a nice watch similar to Armani (though the Longiness is a lot more pricey) because they can't tell the difference visually and so I don't know why this is an issue to me.

So how do you deal with having nice things, knowing that you are in a very fortunate position?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)
41.08%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.41%

Watched Threads