Should I leave my boyfriend? Watch

hannahh2005
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
This will be a long read but I’d appreciate anyone who reads the whole thing and can give advice, and before any nasty comments I wanted to say I am a very forgiving person, and I always try to see the best in people and believe in giving second chances, so here is my issue...

I have been with my boyfriend for 7 months now, in general we get along like a house on fire, we spend loads of time together , our personalities click, he makes me extremely happy and I do love him and wish to see a future with him,

However he still occasionally texts an ex of his, and has recently started deleting the messages so I don’t see, I know they flirt as he is open about this, he says he still likes her but likes me too, and is trying to move on, this problem has been ongoing our whole relationship, and I keep giving him chances thinking he will change and won’t talk to her again, but this isn’t my main issue

In a months time my boyfriend is beginning his training to be long haul cabin Crew, in which he will be away a vast majority of the time, and as most will know, there aren’t many straight guys that are cabin crew and the majority of them are female, given our situation and how much I can trust him, this does panic me and I’m struggling to see how it will work, I don’t want to leave him, but I’m afraid he will do things behind my back whilst he’s away and flirt with the girls, is anyone on here dating a guy who flies long haul? And can give any advice on what it is like and how they cope? Thankyou if you have read this far
That'sGreat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Cabin crew? As in air host(ess)? I’m guessing his ex’s is a guy then...
TommyDH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes, he clearly has no respect for you. Leave and find someone who is completely faithful and loves you.
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think you should tell him how you feel, especially that you are worried given your circumstances. Judging from his reponse to this, you can decide if he is still the right guy for you.

Have you told him the flirting doesn't line up with you? If you has and he has carried on he does not sound like he cares about you.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hannahh2005
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Yes exactly that, but no he is not gay, and his ex is a girl, he wants to be cabin crew to ‘travel the world’
Captain_Falcon89
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by hannahh2005)
Yes exactly that, but no he is not gay, and his ex is a girl, he wants to be cabin crew to ‘travel the world’
And very possibly sample the "culture" of the women in other countries. I'd sell my soul to work emirates however Im and engineer and get sent to africa/libya/china and singapore for ridiculous high pay so I cant
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.64%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.21%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (94)
14.71%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (192)
30.05%

Watched Threads