The Student Room Group

How are you feeling about your A-levels?

Poll

How are you feeling about your A-level exams?

It's the new year, this means that unfortunately it's back to school and it's the year you will be doing your A-level exams if you are in year 13.
So, what’s going well, what’s not going so good and what's one thing you will do differently in the new year?
If you need any help with your studies tsr has dedicated study and subject specific forums which can be found here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-level/

@Evil Homer

Scroll to see replies

Maths is going well for me, and further applied too (good thing too as core pure is like :bricks:)
Coursework is the main thing not going as well, miles behind :colondollar: Also computing theory...
One thing I'm trying to change is getting in a habit of getting papers done before the deadlines...when I have homework that is just repeatedly set I tend to be really good for the first few weeks and get steadily worse as time goes on ending up doing papers after midnight or worse on the day they're due in so not doing that is definitely my aim. Also trying to catch up with my coursework as it's due in in 6 weeks and I'm around 8 weeks behind :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Just in the middle of mocks and think I’ve flopped. Suppose to get A* maths and at least A in economics but i dunno if thats possible. We don’t do further maths mocks rn.

Over the whole year, Further maths been calm, maths been calm and econ been calm also had EPQ which should finish by the end of the month.

Things are going ok. I really hope I haven’t flunked mocks :/
Original post by Lemur14
Maths is going well for me, and further applied too (good thing too as core pure is like :bricks:)
Coursework is the main thing not going as well, miles behind :colondollar: Also computing theory...
One thing I'm trying to change is getting in a habit of getting papers done before the deadlines...when I have homework that is just repeatedly set I tend to be really good for the first few weeks and get steadily worse as time goes on ending up doing papers after midnight or worse on the day they're due in so not doing that is definitely my aim. Also trying to catch up with my coursework as it's due in in 6 weeks and I'm around 8 weeks behind :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

I used to be like you and do questions and homework the day they were due. After having done 6 AS levels I would definitely recommend doing the questions as soon as you get them preferably. :smile: x
Reply 4
Maths has been good, FM is okay. I feel like I'm failing Chemistry already :cry: and let's not talk about Physics :redface:
It really feels like content has just come crashing down on me; I didn't realise just how much content there was that I hadn't covered yet and I'm honestly regretting not starting earlier :no: I think I should be fine if I just keep revising a bit every day from this month onwards but it's hard to get into the habit of revising consistently, especially after a long day of lessons.
Reply 5
Original post by nyxnko_
Maths has been good, FM is okay. I feel like I'm failing Chemistry already :cry: and let's not talk about Physics :redface:
It really feels like content has just come crashing down on me; I didn't realise just how much content there was that I hadn't covered yet and I'm honestly regretting not starting earlier :no: I think I should be fine if I just keep revising a bit every day from this month onwards but it's hard to get into the habit of revising consistently, especially after a long day of lessons.

Same, Chemistry seems a lot. The content just keeps on piling especially since I don’t really like Organic at all.
Reply 6
Original post by Black Water
Same, Chemistry seems a lot. The content just keeps on piling especially since I don’t really like Organic at all.

:console:
I'm perfectly fine with a lot of the content: AS stuff is fine and most of A2 physical is fine so far, but much as I like organic, I haven't been keeping up in classes and I've not been doing stuff outside of class, which I really regret, because now, I'm confused for half the questions I come across :cry:
Stressed and dumb. I've got my first mock tomorrow which I have barely revised for (I know one topic out of 11) and instead of revising I'm sitting here wasting my time. I'm predicted A*AA and I'm now seriously doubting I will achieve that.
Reply 8
Original post by nyxnko_
:console:
I'm perfectly fine with a lot of the content: AS stuff is fine and most of A2 physical is fine so far, but much as I like organic, I haven't been keeping up in classes and I've not been doing stuff outside of class, which I really regret, because now, I'm confused for half the questions I come across :cry:

You’ll be fine if you’re fine with all other topics. I don’t know how you manage to like Organic, I hate AS/A2 Organic I prefer Physical anyday. Just do a couple of past questions on the ones you’re struggling with and you’ll be fine. :smile:
Im here everyone being so prepared for Maths and Further Maths, but Im so scared for both subjects. I also do Economics and I would like to get some tips from all of you to help me out. I have started revision but Im just too scared. With economics, its the evaluations that are the problems.

Please give me advice!

Thanks,

T
This thread is a major reality check
:ta:
You’ll be fine if you’re fine with all other topics. I don’t know how you manage to like Organic, I hate AS/A2 Organic I prefer Physical anyday. Just do a couple of past questions on the ones you’re struggling with and you’ll be fine. :smile:

I hope so :s-smilie: there's just so much of A2 organic :bricks:
honestly, idk either :lol: maybe I like the fact that I'm kinda, not really, doing something related to biology :dontknow: but seriously, I don't really like biology anyway :tongue:
yeah, I'm just going over content and then practising with past questions :yes:
best of luck with organic (and the rest of your subjects)! :rave:

Original post by Spannerin'moi
This thread is a major reality check
:ta:

haha, yeah :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by nyxnko_
I hope so :s-smilie: there's just so much of A2 organic :bricks:
honestly, idk either :lol: maybe I like the fact that I'm kinda, not really, doing something related to biology :dontknow: but seriously, I don't really like biology anyway :tongue:
yeah, I'm just going over content and then practising with past questions :yes:
best of luck with organic (and the rest of your subjects)! :rave:

Yeah A2 Organic seems longer than everything else and the AS part of Organic. Yeah Biology is much worse, allow doing that lol. That’s good, I’m going to do the same thing. Mind me asking what you’re using to revise for chemistry?
Yeah A2 Organic seems longer than everything else and the AS part of Organic. Yeah Biology is much worse, allow doing that lol. That’s good, I’m going to do the same thing. Mind me asking what you’re using to revise for chemistry?

:sadnod: I'm honestly so glad I didn't take it :lol: Just the thoughts of having to deal with environments, plants and evolutionary behaviour terrifies me :tongue:
I'm using physics and maths tutor a lot, like I use their questions collection and my teacher shared the chemsheets for physical so I'm working through those as well. I'm also going over content with the chemrevise revision notes, which are AMAZING and much better than the textbook which just sorta waffles on and on, but I also do like doing the textbook practice questions as like a sort of indicator of which topics I'm bad at and I also use them as a way to just review content as well :yes:
What about you? :holmes: How are you going about it?
Original post by nyxnko_

Motivating as well :h:
Reply 15
Original post by nyxnko_
:sadnod: I'm honestly so glad I didn't take it :lol: Just the thoughts of having to deal with environments, plants and evolutionary behaviour terrifies me :tongue:
I'm using physics and maths tutor a lot, like I use their questions collection and my teacher shared the chemsheets for physical so I'm working through those as well. I'm also going over content with the chemrevise revision notes, which are AMAZING and much better than the textbook which just sorta waffles on and on, but I also do like doing the textbook practice questions as like a sort of indicator of which topics I'm bad at and I also use them as a way to just review content as well :yes:
What about you? :holmes: How are you going about it?

Nice, I’m basically using ChemRevise as well and sometimes my textbook but ChemRevise is better. I’m also using chem sheets as well to work over each individual topic and using physics and maths tutor like you.

I agree with you about content, but you guys should see the amount of biology content- ngl I see it and have a heart attack :frown:
I feel like I have burned out and have no motivation to revise for any of my subjects during the holidays. There are still more chapters to learn and AS chapters to remember. :bricks:
Original post by Spannerin'moi
Motivating as well :h:

yeah, in a way :yes:

Nice, I’m basically using ChemRevise as well and sometimes my textbook but ChemRevise is better. I’m also using chem sheets as well to work over each individual topic and using physics and maths tutor like you.

:five: (those tend to be pretty good :lol: also, just out of interest, which exam board are you on?)
Reply 19
Original post by christie.patel
I agree with you about content, but you guys should see the amount of biology content- ngl I see it and have a heart attack :frown:

Yeah agreed, Biology is waaay too long!

Quick Reply

Latest