Have no interview invite yet from Imperial. Am I rejected? Watch

CrashingDraco
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Basically Title. I am international and took the test around early November.
vortexcurator
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am a home student and also don't have an interview invite yet, but don't worry there is a second phase of interviews starting from late January until early March, and they will let you know 2 weeks before the interview date if you have one. No news is better than rejection.
Queenstaysqueen
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I thought the same as I had applied in October (didn't have an exam though) and hadn't heard anything back for months... However, I just got an interview invitation today, so do not lose hope! You're definitely not rejected yet
Taran4u
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied for Theoretical Physics late September and haven't heard back since. I called twice and emailed once, but at all three times, they said this: "your application is still being assessed." And nothing else. I have received replies from 4 unis and only imperial is left now (rejected from Ox, so imperial is now my top choice). I still have a sliver of hope left, but I accept that it will most likely be a rejection.
Queenstaysqueen
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I thought the same as I applied in October and hadn't heard anything back... However, I just got an interview invitation, so do not lose hope!
Taran4u
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Queenstaysqueen)
I thought the same as I applied in October and hadn't heard anything back... However, I just got an interview invitation, so do not lose hope!
I had an interview last Friday.
enlightenme
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Taran4u)
I had an interview last Friday.
May I ask, how did you find it? What were the questions you were asked? I've applied for the same course but still haven't received an invitation to an interview.
Taran4u
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by enlightenme)
May I ask, how did you find it? What were the questions you were asked? I've applied for the same course but still haven't received an invitation to an interview.
The questions were very basic mechanics questions When did you apply? Are you an international student or home?
enlightenme
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Taran4u)
The questions were very basic mechanics questions When did you apply? Are you an international student or home?
Oh, thought it would be more difficult. Did they ask you about your personal statement?
I'm a home student, my application was sent off around a week before Christmas.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by enlightenme; 3 weeks ago
Taran4u
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by enlightenme)
Oh, thought it would be more difficult. Did they ask you about your personal statement?
I'm a home student, my application was sent off around a week before Christmas.
Yea it was only one question though. And you submitted your application about 3 months after me, so you'll probably hear next week because the last interviews are on 6th March.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (64)
15.42%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (42)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
18.8%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (60)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (45)
10.84%
How can I be the best version of myself? (126)
30.36%

Watched Threads