INTP in year 13 - exams?

Watch
Imzy010
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Extremely stuck... i cannot do work i see no point in or find boring, ill constantly get distracted even if i tried. As you can see this has caused major problems for when im 'revising' (by that i mean lack of.. because i have done nothing...). i absolutely loathe repeating useless information or anything... i either dive all in or not at all lmao.

(don't get me wrong i wasn't always like this) In year 12 i was ready and refreshed but with everything, i have a 'interested limit/motivated span' and that limit has surpassed. i was interested and determined for a year but not anymore and everything just seems like an excruciating chore that's having consequences on my mental health.

Any other INTP's who have suffered from this or had problems with school and studying? what did you do?

im close to exams (5 months from now) which annoys me because ive completely lost interest and i deffo do not want to retake and just want to finish it but at the same time i still want to get decent grades yfm?

Ash:)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Imzy010)
Extremely stuck... i cannot do work i see no point in or find boring, ill constantly get distracted even if i tried. As you can see this has caused major problems for when im 'revising' (by that i mean lack of.. because i have done nothing...). i absolutely loathe repeating useless information or anything... i either dive all in or not at all lmao.

(don't get me wrong i wasn't always like this) In year 12 i was ready and refreshed but with everything, i have a 'interested limit/motivated span' and that limit has surpassed. i was interested and determined for a year but not anymore and everything just seems like an excruciating chore that's having consequences on my mental health.

Any other INTP's who have suffered from this or had problems with school and studying? what did you do?

im close to exams (5 months from now) which annoys me because ive completely lost interest and i deffo do not want to retake and just want to finish it but at the same time i still want to get decent grades yfm?
I AM IN THE EXACT SAME POSITION. I HAVE GONE FROM A*s at GCSES to not doing any work. Had three weeks off and I haven’t even touched my school bag or been in my study. Fr I’m giving up and I get distracted so easily
Imzy010
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ash:))
I AM IN THE EXACT SAME POSITION. I HAVE GONE FROM A*s at GCSES to not doing any work. Had three weeks off and I haven’t even touched my school bag or been in my study. Fr I’m giving up and I get distracted so easily
DUUUUUUDDDEEEE!!!!!! LITERALLY !!!!!!! i have exams first week back and i haven't touched a single book. i used to care and get decent grades but now theyre slipping because well for the above reasons lmao.
Ash:)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by imzy010)
duuuuuudddeeee!!!!!! Literally !!!!!!! I have exams first week back and i haven't touched a single book. I used to care and get decent grades but now theyre slipping because well for the above reasons lmao.
fr same idk whats happening to me like i was never this lazy but am legit on the verge of getting uuuu in may also im gonna fail my mocks and i refuse to retake
Imzy010
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ash:))
fr same idk whats happening to me like i was never this lazy but am legit on the verge of getting uuuu in may also im gonna fail my mocks and i refuse to retake
AHAHAHA, i could never retake either, so sad we're in such a similar situation yet i dont think anything will change anytime soon, at least for me :/ as in my motivation and grades will just deplete more lol

sucks even more when teachers and others expect you to do well and you let them down lol and then they get all angry cuz u 'didnt revise' hard enough...
oneirics
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
intp here! feels like a huge paradox with dealing with the British schooling system as an intp, we value knowledge, seek to find principles and patterns and tend to enjoy academia in theory but with the nature of alevels- methodical, repetitive and tedious revision definitely does not suit us. even if you’re a 5w6! I’m sure you already understand this of course

How has it been since then? Hope everything went okay. I’m in year 12 right now and I feel exactly the same way, do you have any advice? What subjects did you take?
Always found it hard to find perspectives on school from a British intp
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (79)
42.47%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (32)
17.2%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (72)
38.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed