The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

University College London (UCL) Medicine Offer Holders 2019

Since there is no thread for UCL Medicine offer holders, decided to start one. This is just to build our network and discuss about the course and accommodation.

PS: Let us be careful about our discussion and ensure we are not discussing anything about interview questions.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
if any offer holders could share their GCSE/BMAT stats, that would be really helpful!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by sotor
if any offer holders could share their GCSE/BMAT stats, that would be really helpful!

I agree with you. This would be benificial to next batch.......
Reply 3
Original post by IzzyLJB
I received an offer on the 21st December and it's my second choice uni - just waiting on a Cambridge decision but I'll be so happy with either. At GCSE I got three 9s, six A*s and one B (in art!), from a school listed as contextual though I didn't meet any other flags. BMAT was actually fairly low for an early invite to interview: 5.7, 5.4, 3A. UKCAT was 735 B1 for my other unis. I also took my Maths A-Level a year early as I'm doing further and got an A. For work experience I did seven months volunteering on a ward as a patient companion for three hours a week, one week on the Infectious Diseases ward at the John Radcliffe and spent a month in India on a medical placement which I paid for by working at Waitrose for a year. Extra-curriculars are grade 7 in piano, DofE Gold, taught a few English classes and tutored in maths plus I was lucky enough to be offered a chance to do a few assemblies at Eton College. I'm a home student in year 13. I know this was more than you asked for but hope it helps you all!

wow that india placement sounds incredible, good for you for working towards that :smile:
Original post by IzzyLJB
I received an offer on the 21st December and it's my second choice uni - just waiting on a Cambridge decision but I'll be so happy with either. At GCSE I got three 9s, six A*s and one B (in art!), from a school listed as contextual though I didn't meet any other flags. BMAT was actually fairly low for an early invite to interview: 5.7, 5.4, 3A. UKCAT was 735 B1 for my other unis. I also took my Maths A-Level a year early as I'm doing further and got an A. For work experience I did seven months volunteering on a ward as a patient companion for three hours a week, one week on the Infectious Diseases ward at the John Radcliffe and spent a month in India on a medical placement which I paid for by working at Waitrose for a year. Extra-curriculars are grade 7 in piano, DofE Gold, taught a few English classes and tutored in maths plus I was lucky enough to be offered a chance to do a few assemblies at Eton College. I'm a home student in year 13. I know this was more than you asked for but hope it helps you all!

I read this and was thinking about how good of an applicant you are.
Then I came to the unfortunate realisation that I applied to Cambridge and UCL also, and that you are my competitor! I can’t even begin to come close to competing with you! Oh well, maybe uni isn’t for me! LOL
Original post by IzzyLJB

What's the condition? AAA or AAB
Reply 6
Have 2 questions:

1. When Occupational Health questionnaire Registration opens? The mail says from mid of January.

2. When is the open day or offer holders day at UCL?
Reply 7
Original post by francisho61
What's the condition? AAA or AAB

A*AA
Reply 8
Original post by DrWilson173441
I read this and was thinking about how good of an applicant you are.
Then I came to the unfortunate realisation that I applied to Cambridge and UCL also, and that you are my competitor! I can’t even begin to come close to competing with you! Oh well, maybe uni isn’t for me! LOL

On the course together hopefully! What college did you go for?
Original post by IzzyLJB
On the course together hopefully! What college did you go for?

Selwyn, you?
Reply 10
Original post by DrWilson173441
Selwyn, you?

St Catharine’s
Original post by IzzyLJB
St Catharine’s

Cool, with the pooling system we could both end up at the same college anyway!
Reply 12
Is there any UCL medicine offer holders day planned?
Original post by Sella
Is there any UCL medicine offer holders day planned?

People for other courses got an email a couple of days after their offer
Did you get one yet?
Reply 14
Original post by Zaza2000
People for other courses got an email a couple of days after their offer
Did you get one yet?

So far none....
Original post by Sella
So far none....

I haven't received anything either :/
I got an email asking me to up load a copy of my passport so they can process my application (interview was on 30th). Did anyone else get the same (or did I just forget to upload my passport months ago)? I guess they would not want my passport if they were going to reject me (or am I dreaming)?
Original post by Tally543
I got an email asking me to up load a copy of my passport so they can process my application (interview was on 30th). Did anyone else get the same (or did I just forget to upload my passport months ago)? I guess they would not want my passport if they were going to reject me (or am I dreaming)?

i dont think it makes much difference to your chances - i would ring them up to sort it out. apparantly most of the people applying dont upload their passports until the interview day or very close to it.
again i doubt it will make any difference at all
Has any of you already gotten the BCG vaccine?
Original post by zoae
Has any of you already gotten the BCG vaccine?

Yup I have according to my gp

Quick Reply

Latest