University College London (UCL) Medicine Offer Holders 2019 Watch

Sella
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Since there is no thread for UCL Medicine offer holders, decided to start one. This is just to build our network and discuss about the course and accommodation.

PS: Let us be careful about our discussion and ensure we are not discussing anything about interview questions.
sotor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if any offer holders could share their GCSE/BMAT stats, that would be really helpful!
Sella
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by sotor)
if any offer holders could share their GCSE/BMAT stats, that would be really helpful!
I agree with you. This would be benificial to next batch.......
IzzyLJB
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by sotor)
I received an offer on the 21st December and it's my second choice uni - just waiting on a Cambridge decision but I'll be so happy with either. At GCSE I got three 9s, six A*s and one B (in art!), from a school listed as contextual though I didn't meet any other flags. BMAT was actually fairly low for an early invite to interview: 5.7, 5.4, 3A. UKCAT was 735 B1 for my other unis. I also took my Maths A-Level a year early as I'm doing further and got an A. For work experience I did seven months volunteering on a ward as a patient companion for three hours a week, one week on the Infectious Diseases ward at the John Radcliffe and spent a month in India on a medical placement which I paid for by working at Waitrose for a year. Extra-curriculars are grade 7 in piano, DofE Gold, taught a few English classes and tutored in maths plus I was lucky enough to be offered a chance to do a few assemblies at Eton College. I'm a home student in year 13. I know this was more than you asked for but hope it helps you all!
sotor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by IzzyLJB)
I received an offer on the 21st December and it's my second choice uni - just waiting on a Cambridge decision but I'll be so happy with either. At GCSE I got three 9s, six A*s and one B (in art!), from a school listed as contextual though I didn't meet any other flags. BMAT was actually fairly low for an early invite to interview: 5.7, 5.4, 3A. UKCAT was 735 B1 for my other unis. I also took my Maths A-Level a year early as I'm doing further and got an A. For work experience I did seven months volunteering on a ward as a patient companion for three hours a week, one week on the Infectious Diseases ward at the John Radcliffe and spent a month in India on a medical placement which I paid for by working at Waitrose for a year. Extra-curriculars are grade 7 in piano, DofE Gold, taught a few English classes and tutored in maths plus I was lucky enough to be offered a chance to do a few assemblies at Eton College. I'm a home student in year 13. I know this was more than you asked for but hope it helps you all!
wow that india placement sounds incredible, good for you for working towards that
DrWilson173441
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I read this and was thinking about how good of an applicant you are.
Then I came to the unfortunate realisation that I applied to Cambridge and UCL also, and that you are my competitor! I can’t even begin to come close to competing with you! Oh well, maybe uni isn’t for me! LOL
francisho61
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What's the condition? AAA or AAB
Sella
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Have 2 questions:

1. When Occupational Health questionnaire Registration opens? The mail says from mid of January.

2. When is the open day or offer holders day at UCL?
IzzyLJB
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by francisho61)
What's the condition? AAA or AAB
A*AA
IzzyLJB
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by DrWilson173441)
I read this and was thinking about how good of an applicant you are.
Then I came to the unfortunate realisation that I applied to Cambridge and UCL also, and that you are my competitor! I can’t even begin to come close to competing with you! Oh well, maybe uni isn’t for me! LOL
On the course together hopefully! What college did you go for?
DrWilson173441
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
On the course together hopefully! What college did you go for?
Selwyn, you?
IzzyLJB
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by DrWilson173441)
Selwyn, you?
St Catharine’s
DrWilson173441
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
St Catharine’s
Cool, with the pooling system we could both end up at the same college anyway!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (284)
80.68%
Leave (68)
19.32%

Watched Threads