Char1309
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The textbook put school provided has nothing on cell signalling ... we’ve been told to do our own notes and I need help because I can’t do any questions - can someone summarise it please?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
username2199397
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Glycoproteins:
They contain receptors with specific shapes thanks to the carbohydrate chain - this allows specific chemicals to bind to it and cause the cell to respond/change.

They also bind with other glycolipids from other cells in a process called cell adhesion to help form tissues.

Glycolipids:
- They act as antigens for cell recognition by the immune system to help identify if the cell is self or not.

Thats pretty much it for AS biology.
Char1309
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by shohaib712)
Glycoproteins:
They contain receptors with specific shapes thanks to the carbohydrate chain - this allows specific chemicals to bind to it and cause the cell to respond/change.

They also bind with other glycolipids from other cells in a process called cell adhesion to help form tissues.

Glycolipids:
- They act as antigens for cell recognition by the immune system to help identify if the cell is self or not.

Thats pretty much it for AS biology.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.69%
No (315)
70.31%

Watched Threads