?
Report 2 weeks ago
Recrument: -1
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Did they ask his permission to use his face in the ad?
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TonnyM)
Snowflake is a common name used for very weak individuals if he quit his job - "killing anyone armed or unarmed for a minimum wage" because of a picture in an ad, he shouldn't be there in the first place. Can you imagine someone like that gunning herd of panicking women and children without a hesitation?
Because that’s what the British army do.....
TommyDH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's almost like the army wants to lose all future wars
ThomH97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think they should have used him as a poster boy without his permission. It's good they used actual army personnel, but definitely should have consulted them on it first.
Sisyphus222
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is one of a series of posters including phone zombies for their focus, binge gamers for their drive, me me me millieniums for their self belief ... and others. The campaign is part of a recruiting campaign by C(r)apita for which they’ve been paid £450M. 🤨🥴 Serving soldiers are keen to help. They’ve suggested “Jihadis returning home for their combat experience” and “daily masturbaters for their strong right arms”. Other examples are probably inappropriate for a forum like this. 🙄Oh and Capita are failing miserably to hit their targets. 😡
Last edited by Sisyphus222; 1 week ago
Frankkly
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tempest II)
The Army has been doing a rather good job of demonstrating how not to run recruitment campaigns over the last few years.

The Royal Marines cocked it up 10-15 years ago too with their "99.9% of men need not apply" ad where then barely anyone joined up.
Except it's not the Army running the campaign. It's MoD - C(r)apita have been given a £450M contract to increase recruitment - and are failing spectacularly. And we can see why!!

As for the RM campaign it was badly advised. It should have been about more like 80%. And some of the 20% won't hack it. Including Prince Edward.
Last edited by Frankkly; 1 week ago
Dazza happy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
These ads are a disgrace to anything serious
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20.13%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (180)
40.27%
Nope, not that interesting (177)
39.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise