Why do we allow people to go on benefits when they don't require it?

Watch
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
It's seriously getting on my nerves, unless you are actually in need of benefits from the government why is it allowed?

Someone I know isn't working, lives with his parents, has qualifications, has perfect health and is on benefits, doesn't need to work and goes about his life like any other bloke on the street.
username4164712
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
It's seriously getting on my nerves, unless you are actually in need of benefits from the government why is it allowed?

Someone I know isn't working, lives with his parents, has qualifications, has perfect health and is on benefits, doesn't need to work and goes about his life like any other bloke on the street.
That’s life
TensorTympani
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

It's the Labour party who did it. Any constituency with Labour in it they build flats and put the people who live on welfare in it.
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Whining about it not being fair ain't gona change the situation uno
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago

Which benefits is he on? You seem to know a lot about him and his finances.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Because Britain has been a welfare state for decades as a matter of public policy and national identity.
The welfare state provides state healthcare for all British citizens free at the point of delivery, child/pensions/disability benefits, income support, tax credits and unemployment benefits- for everyone who applies and meets the specific criteria for the means of welfare support.
Many welfare benefits are not contributory or subject to a financial means testing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.38%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.25%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.38%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
46.88%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (6)
18.75%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.13%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.25%

Watched Threads