looking for loyal girlfriend Watch

TommyDH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by KimNoel)
im going to wait until i am at uni to find myself a boyfriend
Just make sure it's a guy who deserves you and treats you the same way you treat him!
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TommyDH)
I haven't lied since I read "12 rules for life", and even then I've never really been a liar because I've never seen the point. When my ex came back from Uni talking about stupid NPC stuff I could have lied and said it was fine and gone with it, but I didn't I said nope this isn't going to work and dumped her.

I've never been unfaithful in my life. If I'm with someone I want to give them 100% everything I can.

But okay anyway that's all a moot point, my 'worst' estimate of 4% is a little extreme admittedly, I was just being facetious tbh not even serious. But come on your 'best' estimate of 50% is clearly way too optimistic and incorrect as it's not taking into account that 96% of women lie. And your comment that 50% isn't rare is a lie too, since that 50% aren't single, or out of age range and other factors. So single, available women, of your age range who are culturally and philosophically compatible sharing similar morals and values are much, much smaller.

So the most reasonable estimate of loyal, faithful women is obviously inbetween. Which would be 20ish% and still makes them rare, especially as within that 20-30% many will already be taken and since they're the rare faithful ones that means there's only a tiny pool of single faithful, loyal women left.

And actually, discussing this has just made me realize how lucky and blessed I am to have one of them. I might browse Amazon see if I can think of a little gift to surprise her
You could be lying that you haven't lied since the age of 12. According to your logic, there may be as high as a 96% chance that you are lying about you not lying since the age of 12!
However, according to MY estimate, there's about a 60% chance that you are being honest about your honesty.

The newspaper article that you linked to says:

"Half said that if they became pregnant by another man but wanted to stay with their partner, they would lie about the baby’s real father.

Forty-two per cent would lie about contraception in order to get pregnant, no matter the wishes of their partner.

And an alarming 31 per cent said they would not tell a future partner if they had a sexual disease: this rises to 65 per cent among single women."

Bearing in mind that they are saying that they would lie in stressful situations where they would gain some personal advantage. An anonymous sex survey is not a particularly stressful situation and they would have nothing to gain personally, apart from avoiding a possible bit of embarassment in front of the surveyor (which a good surveyor could minimise). IE the reasons or incentives for lying are much lower in a survey than in a pregnancy or sexual disease situation. Even then, in those situations half or more of women in that newspaper survey said they'd tell the truth.

The Daily Star article quoted an Italian survey where 22% of women said they'd cheated on their partners. That leaves 78% that may or may not have been telling the truth. If 42% of women would lie about contraception to get pregnant, then we can take a pessimistic estimate, based on that, that 40% of women would lie to the anonymous sex survey. 40% of 78% is 31%. 22% honest cheaters plus 31% dishonest cheaters comes to 53%.

I therefore stand by my original estimate that about 50% of women in Western Europe are loyal to their partners.
And this appears to be very much supported by the article that you linked to.

This statement is bringing a straw man argument into the loyalty thing:
"And your comment that 50% isn't rare is a lie too, since that 50% aren't single, or out of age range and other factors. So single, available women, of your age range who are culturally and philosophically compatible sharing similar morals and values are much, much smaller.!"

The way I would put it is that pigeons are not rare in the UK. If you go to the top of Ben Nevis you won't see many pigeons. If you go to Trafalgar Square you will see loads. And at Traflagar Square you will also see lots of sparrows.
If you want to find lots of single available women go to any university campus (apart from Loughborough). Amongst female students about 50% - according to what we know on this subject - will be loyal.

The only rarity when it comes to finding loyal women is in your head! Or in being in the wrong place!
Last edited by Dunnig Kruger; 1 week ago
TommyDH
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
You could be lying that you haven't lied since the age of 12. According to your logic, there may be as high as a 96% chance that you are lying about you not lying since the age of 12!
However, according to MY estimate, there's about a 60% chance that you are being honest about your honesty.
I never said I haven't lied since the age of 12. I said I haven't lied ever since reading 'the 12 rules of life'. (Changed my life!)

And again you're using that 50% figure, which doesn't make sense. What % of those are culturally & philosophically compatible, and of that % how many are single? So even by your own estimates there's only ~20% single, available, compatible women of age who are loyal. All the good ones will be taken already!
KimNoel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My perfect kind of boyfriend would be somebody like shawn mendes
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TommyDH)
Good luck finding one of those in this day and age! Loyalty is an antique relic that most women have never even heard of anymore
Given the information that has been discussed in this thread, would you now say that loyalty is NOT an antique relic and that approximately 50% of women in Western Europe will stay sexually loyal to their romantic partners?

You can have an overly cynical or overly negative view of the world, if you like.
But when you start saying things like this on an open forum, you can expect to be challenged.
KimNoel
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Given the information that has been discussed in this thread, would you now say that loyalty is NOT an antique relic and that approximately 50% of women in Western Europe will stay sexually loyal to their romantic partners?

You can have an overly cynical or overly negative view of the world, if you like.
But when you start saying things like this on an open forum, you can expect to be challenged.
quite right
TommyDH
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

I stand by my comment. Loyalty is an antique relic for women. They put ideology & agenda above values and love. I've only got two ex's, but one was a cheating liar, and the other was a weak minded liar. I don't think she cheated, but she would have eventually since she got brainwashed into that NPC stuff.

Since most women now are the tumblr blue haired types then it just stands to reason most of them won't be loyal because "patriarchy" or whatever.
sknudson
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
"Loyal girlfriend" is quickly becoming the oxymoron of 2019.
shery99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
kim just come on dm
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
KimNoel
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by shery99)
kim just come on dm
what?
Pink_Sparkles
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by shery99)
looking for loyal and true loving girlfriend
On TSR ..? lol
shery99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
yup its seems me a right place, isnt it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (845)
80.63%
Leave (203)
19.37%

Watched Threads