pico13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I am 18 and in Year 13, studying Biology (OCR A), Maths (OCR) and English Literature (Edexcel) for A Levels. My predicted grades are: AAB (respectively). I have applied for Psychology BSc at UCL, Loughborough, Warwick, Nottingham and Surrey.

For GCSEs I got: 9 (English Lit), A*, A*, A*, A*, A*, A*, A, B, C (art)

In Year 12 I did absolutely no work, didn't revise properly and was all round really unmotivated to do well. I also did chemistry as my fourth subject which I hated, (even in Year 11), which definitely had a hand in my bad grades, but because till the beginning of Year 13 I wanted to apply for Medicine, I had to do chem. Thank God, I'm over that, and even though the circumstances were difficult to cope with, I'm glad I've made an informed decision that Medicine is absolutely not for me.

So, because of the new system I did not have any external AS exams, but for my internal summer exams I did really awful (minimal to no revision), and in my tests I got:
Biology: E
Maths: D
English: D
Chemistry: D

and after those I was initially predicted:
Biology: C
Maths: B
English: B
Chemistry: C (I then dropped chemistry).

Because I wasn't applying in October, I had the chance to move up my predictions, and in the last test of Year 12 and a test in Year 13, in biology I got an A in both, so the teachers moved my prediction up to an A, and in Maths it got moved up to an A as I got a B in the last test, and the year average was C.

Christmas holidays are finished, I go back to school tomorrow and I'm feeling motivated to bang out intense work for the next 5-6 months and do really well in my exams. My aim is AAA.
I've been on holiday the whole two weeks of Christmas, and did absolutely no work, so now I have to really organise myself and get in shape for intense work as I have a fast-approaching English coursework deadline at the end of Jan, and mocks to revise for in Feb/March.

Does anyone have any tips for intense and valuable revision, and how to cover AS and A2 biology simultaneously? I've also found that during my A Levels my mental health has been really bad. I feel almost constantly low/depressed, and the simply thought of stepping into my school makes me want to drop out and disappear (not suicidal, but I want to remove myself from a school setting so bad). I've been trying to pacify myself with the thought of A Levels ending within less than six months, but I still can't help but feel super super stressed and burdened at the thought of all the work I haven't done but have to do. Does anyone have any advice?!

Thanks!
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Best of luck! :rave:
Have you heard back from any unis yet? :holmes:
pico13
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Best of luck! :rave:
Have you heard back from any unis yet? :holmes:
Not yet! I applied on the 17th December which wasn't the best time as all unis closed for christmas for a week or more right after my application got sent off so technically it's only been under review for about a week. Hopefully soon though!
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by pico13)
Not yet! I applied on the 17th December which wasn't the best time as all unis closed for christmas for a week or more right after my application got sent off so technically it's only been under review for about a week. Hopefully soon though!
Good luck with them! At least it's sent off before the New Year's so you're not panicking about making the Jan 14th deadline :yes:
pico13
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Good luck with them! At least it's sent off before the New Year's so you're not panicking about making the Jan 14th deadline :yes:
Thank you! I got a conditional offer from Surrey today, which would be made unconditional if I was to firm them!
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you! I got a conditional offer from Surrey today, which would be made unconditional if I was to firm them!
Congrats!! :woo:
mo t
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I am 18 and in Year 13, studying Biology (OCR A), Maths (OCR) and English Literature (Edexcel) for A Levels. My predicted grades are: AAB (respectively). I have applied for Psychology BSc at UCL, Loughborough, Warwick, Nottingham and Surrey.

For GCSEs I got: 9 (English Lit), A*, A*, A*, A*, A*, A*, A, B, C (art)

In Year 12 I did absolutely no work, didn't revise properly and was all round really unmotivated to do well. I also did chemistry as my fourth subject which I hated, (even in Year 11), which definitely had a hand in my bad grades, but because till the beginning of Year 13 I wanted to apply for Medicine, I had to do chem. Thank God, I'm over that, and even though the circumstances were difficult to cope with, I'm glad I've made an informed decision that Medicine is absolutely not for me.

So, because of the new system I did not have any external AS exams, but for my internal summer exams I did really awful (minimal to no revision), and in my tests I got:
Biology: E
Maths: D
English: D
Chemistry: D

and after those I was initially predicted:
Biology: C
Maths: B
English: B
Chemistry: C (I then dropped chemistry).

Because I wasn't applying in October, I had the chance to move up my predictions, and in the last test of Year 12 and a test in Year 13, in biology I got an A in both, so the teachers moved my prediction up to an A, and in Maths it got moved up to an A as I got a B in the last test, and the year average was C.

Christmas holidays are finished, I go back to school tomorrow and I'm feeling motivated to bang out intense work for the next 5-6 months and do really well in my exams. My aim is AAA.
I've been on holiday the whole two weeks of Christmas, and did absolutely no work, so now I have to really organise myself and get in shape for intense work as I have a fast-approaching English coursework deadline at the end of Jan, and mocks to revise for in Feb/March.

Does anyone have any tips for intense and valuable revision, and how to cover AS and A2 biology simultaneously? I've also found that during my A Levels my mental health has been really bad. I feel almost constantly low/depressed, and the simply thought of stepping into my school makes me want to drop out and disappear (not suicidal, but I want to remove myself from a school setting so bad). I've been trying to pacify myself with the thought of A Levels ending within less than six months, but I still can't help but feel super super stressed and burdened at the thought of all the work I haven't done but have to do. Does anyone have any advice?!

Thanks!
good luck! I'm also going to be taking part in this challenge the link to my screen is https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5791364&p=81747 386#post81747386
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads