The Student Room Group

Gcse german

does anyone know any good tips to revise German? I find it really difficult to understand word order and the thought of me taking an oral exam is terrifying. I’m in my second year of German gcse, Dankeschön xo
Original post by OrlaEliza
does anyone know any good tips to revise German? I find it really difficult to understand word order and the thought of me taking an oral exam is terrifying. I’m in my second year of German gcse, Dankeschön xo
Well, I guess that you could study on Memrise and Duolingo, but you might be beyond that (I don’t know what level you’re on). If you don’t understand word order, just remember STOMP. S=subject, T= time, O= object, M= matter and P=place. That’s always the order a sentence goes in and that has helped me a lot in tests. If you want to know where the verbs go in this, it’s SvTOMPv. The little v’s are verbs are and that’s where they go (first verb in second position, second verb- if you have one- at the end of the sentence). Also, if you’re worried about oral exams, you should go over common questions that the person might ask you (I’ve only just arrived in the UK so I don’t know how they conduct oral exams here but that’s how I experienced it in Australia) and that might help you prepare.I’m sorry if this didn’t help- I don’t know what GSCE is like much since I’m only just coming into Year 10 from Australia, but I’ve done German before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending